Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calgary Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Last February arrivals (and to a lesser degree departures) were a real trial, pretty much on a par with the dark days of the hours spent in queues at JFK and ORD and something we had not seen at Calgary previously.
I was just wondered if this was teething trouble with the new terminal or whether we should gird our loins for a similar experience this year Sad
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve flown in and out of the new terminal in the last few years (and the old one several times before). Can’t say I had any problems at all with it. Bit of a q for immigration for non-Canadians but no worse than any other Canadian airport I’ve used. Departures was a breeze with the international terminal being virtually empty - there were only three flights in the 2.5hr we were there!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
January last year was fine, no different to previous years (old or new terminal). Fly out next week...will let you know how it is this year!

Agree departures was very quiet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have dual so I don't really notice the line. Wouldn't have thought it was terrible now though. I have flown in and out a bit and its been fine. International terminal is fairly quiet and laid back.

Maybe you flew in for family weekend?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flew in and out last winter and no problems. Think you might have just been very unlucky.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flew in last year in February. No real problems. About 45 min queue for imigration.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Likewise flew into Calgary Feb 18 no problems at all. Immigration was slightly slow as we arrived with a flight from China but wasn't too bad, all booothes open and they were quite quick. Trying to orginise 2020 but looks like BA no longer fly direct in winter - bug!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suggest you were just unlucky on this occasion Steve S, maybe there were some other airline delays and a couple of big aircraft in front of you could cause issues but generally Calgary is pretty OK.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Same here last January, no problems with immigration or departing and going back next week. Like others have said, you must have been unlucky.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ADESki - Air Canada out of Heathrow, or (i think) WestJet out of Gatwick. Can recommend AC.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SnowboardVicky, thanks. Had a companion voucher, ie buy one get one free offer from BA, which we used feb18 for our trip along the powder highway which saved thousands and, having saved for another one, were looking at another trip in 2020. Turns out they no longer fly to Calgary in winter. So either west or east coast main city and then domestic flight, more hassel and less attractive. Off to Austria in about 12 days so not all bad!! Flaine looks poor though but hope to improve before trip in march.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
March 17 was fine too, no problems.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@SnowboardVicky, are you flying out on Wednesday from Heathrow? That’s when I’m flying, going to Banff. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Edinburgh, via Heathrow next Saturday to Jasper. Conditions look great!

Have a great week
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a lot of snow in mountains, perfectly not much snow in Calgary!
snow report
@gryphea, Glad I'm not travelling this weekend with the Parkway being closed - done the longer drive around Edmonton a few times!! (mind you, we never ended up off the road going that route!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy