Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To stay or not to stay at Lauterbrunnen?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Sorry to ask, as this is an old thread, but...

I'm thinking of staying at Mürren, whilst the majority of the group activities start from the base camp at Lauterbrunnen.

My question is:

Is it feasible to ski down daily from Mürren in the morning to meet up with the group at Lauterbrunnen daily?
It would be a good warm up, I thought. But time-wise, perhaps it is more practical to take the cable car down from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen? The meet up time is 9 am or possibly earlier.

Many thanks for your advice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You probably can't ski down. There is one run that wasn't open last February, though may be this year. It's mostly a road. Cable car only runs every 30 minutes to timetable - and you'd need to get the train to it first

Murren is lovely but only <50% of the skiing Wengen has. Best to stay in Lauterbrunnen (it's cheaper as well - stayed at Ski Miguel chalet) and decide which way to go each day; we did 2 in Murren, 4 in Wengen last year. Best day was top of Murren skiing out of the restaurant.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not a good idea to be honest. There are 2 problems:

1. There is no cable car direct from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen. You can either get the Schilthornbahn down to Stechelberg, then the bus to Lauterbrunnen, or take the train from Mürren to Grütschalp, then get the cable car to Lauterbrunnen. Either is time-consuming.

2. The run down to Lauterbrunnen is hardly ever open - maybe 2 or 3 days a season - and that’s in a good season. Having said that, they were making snow on it this afternoon.

I think the recommendation from @buchanan101 is sound - stay in Lauterbrunnen.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is the group you’re skiing with, and where will they meet? I did a course a few years ago where the majority of people were staying at chalet jungfrau and therefore that’s where a lot of activities happened. We were _very_ pleased we’d arranged an apartment very close by. The logistics in jungfrau aren’t the easiest (it’s fine but you need to be organised) so you’re adding a lot of pressure onto yourself if you’re based somewhere more complicated than the majority of the group.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful tips. Apologies for the delayed response.

I am hearing what all of you are saying - it would be less hassle and more sound to stay in Lauterbrunnen.

Does anyone know of any good sized swimming pool (25m; not spa) in Lauterbrunnen with opening hours during winter? The list I have so far, is quite limited for winter:

https://jungfrauregion.swiss/en/summer/see-and-do/wellness-bathing/bathing/

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowblades wrote:
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful tips. Apologies for the delayed response.

I am hearing what all of you are saying - it would be less hassle and more sound to stay in Lauterbrunnen.

Does anyone know of any good sized swimming pool (25m; not spa) in Lauterbrunnen with opening hours during winter? The list I have so far, is quite limited for winter:

https://jungfrauregion.swiss/en/summer/see-and-do/wellness-bathing/bathing/

Many thanks.

Open air municipal. Best bet is a hotel...but there aren't really any big ones from memory and if you search pools/hotels they come up with Murren/Wengen

You aren't asking much...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy