Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski gear in 25th Nov

Poster: A snowHead
Just had an email saying Aldi ski gear will be on sale on the 25th Nov, hopefully they’ll have a few bargains to pick up like normal.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank you! Will have the annual "what still fits the kids" afternoon this weekend@
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the heads up. Love their base layers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the heads up. Love their base layers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yippee! Although I find their base layer waistbands quite stiff and thick compared to the thickness of the fabric, so not great for layering. Good for warm weather skiing though Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any idea when their snow chains come in ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Up on their website now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This jacket is almost identical to the Roxy one I bought my GF for nearly £300

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ladies%27-padded-grey-ski-jacket/p/085625250205101
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've noticed recently that aldi are not as cheap as they used to be. some of the prices of their base layers are more than big brand prices
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bar shaker wrote:

£300 for a ski jacket is a lot of money and at £20 Aldi's is dirt cheap but.....

I suspect they are technically worlds apart too...

Windproof (<5L/m2/sec)
Waterproof (3000m)
Breathable (3000gr/2m/24h)

for the Aldi jacket sets the bar low for example.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I often struggle with the wind getting to my arms in my Aldi shell etc. Stopped wearing it for skiing and use it for dog walks and still get cold arms. Odd! Kids gloves were not much cop a few years ago. Kids snow boots were excellent though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We kitted the kids out last year from head to toe in Aldi gear, and it worked out as fantastic value. They loved it and we had no issues at all (they love the base layers so much they’ve become pj’s for the rest of the year).

It’s never going to compete with the top of the range kit but bearing in mind they’ll grow out of after a couple of ski holidays then it’s fantastic value.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dave_3 wrote:
I've noticed recently that aldi are not as cheap as they used to be. some of the prices of their base layers are more than big brand prices

Dearest item this year is £19.99....!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Their website seems broken to me, does it work for other people using Firefox ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
Their website seems broken to me, does it work for other people using Firefox ?

Works on FireFox for me
ski holidays
Lidl has stuff in at the moment - baselayers, goggles etc.

Had a look at the goggles - very decent* Cat 3 Mirrored and Cat 2 Orange Lenses at £5.99 a pair. Worth it to carry as a spare alone as almost certainly cheaper than a spare lens for your regular goggles.

They look and feel like a framed branded goggle and have TUV cert.
latest report
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2018-11-25

Looks like basic stuff only. If they follow the pattern of previous years then the more ‘premium’ items will be along in a few weeks.
latest report
Layne wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

£300 for a ski jacket is a lot of money and at £20 Aldi's is dirt cheap but.....

Windproof (<5L/m2/sec)
Waterproof (3000m)

I suspect they are closer than we imagine, but colours, cut and label are far more important than such things as fabric performance wink

Ok, the Roxy is 15k fabric

http://www.ekosport.co.uk/roxy-snowstorm-jkt-heritage-heather-18-p-V00133692.html?lgw_code=9661-V00133692&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_s7fBRDrARIsAGEvF8R37aqujGf0e9ajqcwe--xglmDfPMGij_-3kU2CzY-V97nkdNhKWSYaArusEALw_wcB

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 20-11-18 14:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Can't wait for the skis and boots to arrive ................. snowHead snowHead Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
regardless of performance it will still be packed full of middle class mums leaving the resemblance of a jumble sale behind them.
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:
regardless of performance it will still be packed full of middle class mums leaving the resemblance of a jumble sale behind them.

middle class!!!! you must go to a posh one.

aldi always makes me laugh. when you look at the shelfs it goes fizzy pop, biscuits, chocolate, diesel generator, chicken, angle grinder, tea bags and electric blankets
snow conditions
Seems they've stopped doing the merino/silk mix socks which were superb. I bought loads but now the kids feet are as big as mine they have nicked them!!
ski holidays
dunc999 wrote:
Seems they've stopped doing the merino/silk mix socks which were superb. I bought loads but now the kids feet are as big as mine they have nicked them!!

Last year these appeared quite a few weeks (possibly a month or so) later.
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:

Yep, this is what Aldi in Chipping Norton looked like a couple of years ago!!
snow conditions
"ALDI always makes me laugh. When you look at the shelves it goes - fizzy pop, biscuits, chocolate, diesel generator, chicken, angle grinder, tea bags and electric blankets"

So, someone has been tidying up the shelves of your local ALDI? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Might give Kevin the Carrot a swerve though:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46301917
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:

Well, it true middle class mum style (more single mum working 2 jobs) my haul has arrived!

-The ladies jacket is ugly as hell, but slightly less ugly than my last and has a functioning zipper so it will do. If you don't mind looking like you escaped from a 1990s baby hill it's ok. I'll let you know how it fares in -20s in a few weeks
-The kids mittens are going back as they're far too thin.
-Winter boots going back as they're too short to be useful in proper snow and slush.
-Base layers are staying but they're quite thin and will only do with some serious layering or in the spring.
-Ski pants are roomy for their size but will do as spare. They feel fairly sturdy.

Not bad for the price anyways Smile
ski holidays
We received delivery yesterday - base layers, hoodies and mid-layers for the kids. Can’t fault the quality, the kids love both the look and feel (to a point where they wore the base layers around the house all day yesterday).

Top marks from me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Missus brought me back some socks... I was surprised at how good they were for £3.

And the 9-11 do actually fit my 11.5/12 feet.
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
...actually fit my 11.5/12 feet.

Missus must be a happy woman.
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
Layne wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

Windproof (<5L/m2/sec)
Waterproof (3000m)

I suspect they are closer than we imagine, but colours, cut and label are far more important than such things as fabric performance wink

Ok, the Roxy is 15k fabric

http://www.ekosport.co.uk/roxy-snowstorm-jkt-heritage-heather-18-p-V00133692.html?lgw_code=9661-V00133692&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_s7fBRDrARIsAGEvF8R37aqujGf0e9ajqcwe--xglmDfPMGij_-3kU2CzY-V97nkdNhKWSYaArusEALw_wcB

Gosh someone at Aldi's supplier really liked the Roxy design, I'm amazed they even ripped off the two tone arms thats quite some homage. THe budget must have stopped them using the pink lining.
latest report
I picked up a ss and ls merino at the weekend. The fit is much better than the 3 or 4 year old one it replaces, which will now permanently live in my hockey bag for those cold days when an extra base layer is needed.
ski holidays
At this very moment I am sitting in a tyre garage right next to an Aldi's awaiting the bill for two new tyres. So I can't actually afford to buy gear from effing Aldi. rolling eyes
ski holidays
altis wrote:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2018-11-25

Looks like basic stuff only. If they follow the pattern of previous years then the more ‘premium’ items will be along in a few weeks.

20th January is proper stuff date. Would expect internet orders week before.

I'm ready for more socks, sure my last lot have been stolen. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy