Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski packing lists + unusual things to take

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bergmeister wrote:
The security officer who scanned our bags at the airport did mutter, "They sell food abroad y'know..." Never mind. We are happy to put up with a bit of sarcasm for a free meal out. Very Happy

Don't worry, I gave back a healthy deal of sarcasm to the chappy that told me I had to put my laptop in a separate tray and couldn't put a coat on top of it. When I questioned whether that was strictly necessary (given that it's going through an x-ray machine) he got a bit stroppy and said something along the lines of "we need to be able to see it though...or we can do a full search of your bag". Of course as I had nothing to hide that wouldn't have been an issue for me at all.

Amazed by what some people will pack...but then I deem headphones and kindle as essentials, which many people would disagree with.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richie_S wrote:
Regarding returning lost phones...

I bought some of those sticky labels for labelling kids clothes.. (very sticky) and has surname and phone number printed on them. All gadgetry (radios, cameras, iPads, phones, bags, boots etc) have then been labelled. And at least, anyone who finds them can be somewhat motivated to re-unite them with us.

Of course, the phone number is MY number... so it doesn’t work if I lose my phone. But as I have a company phone, it will be replaced...likely with an upgrade Very Happy

A friend wrote her number on a piece of paper, photographed it, then set it as the lock screen pic on her kids phones. Low tech, but canny.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@midgetbiker, that's good old skool Very Happy thinking.

Worked in photo labs with real films and people did that for one frame to avoid getting their film misplaced.

Along with the odd frames in wedding guest films, in which someone had taken a camera that's unattended and carefully photographing their genitals (male mostly) for an aftershock photo. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
always29 wrote:
I am definitely packing my new microwave rice cooker as boiling stuff at altitude is a real pain and I struggle to cook rice at the best of times!

It's easy. Rice is a pain at altitude as it doesn't get hot enough to cook it on the inside so it is still gritty, but the outside is cooking for ages so it goes mushy. The solution is to get it properly hot so it cooks. In order to do this fry the rice gently in oil - in the bottom of your saucepan, for about five minutes before adding the water. Then, as always with cooking rice, don't nag it. You are allowed to stir it with the handle of a wooden spoon, or a chopstick but anything more solid causes the rice grains to self-destruct.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have photocopies of my passport, tickets, bookings, etc. all on Cloud Storage.
So even If I lose papercopies or my digital devices, there is still a way of accessing them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy