Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated ski socks - recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have just come back from a trip in Niseko and experienced some pretty cold conditions. The mind wanted to continue skiing but the body (feet specifically) was telling me to get a coffee. I met some locals who were using heated ski socks, which actually were temperature controlled via bluetooth and an app on their phone.

Does anyone have recommendations on good heated ski socks and any ideas on price range?

Thanks!

Joe
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought the OH the Lenz 1.0 (i think) heated socks, with the 1200 blue tooth function lithium pack and she loves them. I have bought her three pairs of the socks now so she can spread out their use during the week and use the same batteries. It does seem like the batteries are not lasting as long now as they used to, which i guess is normal degredation, but they have definately done the job over the years. she has had them 4 years and used for 7 weeks on the snow. Kept her toes warm in Finland at -25. The best place I found for this type of kit is FC-moto.de always seems to be the cheapest for some reason. I paid 196 euro for the original set, and i think about 69 euro for each pair of extra socks but the range has all been updated now.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got some Lenz heated socks which do a decent job. I have Reynauds so needed something to keep my feet from dropping off in colder conditions. The battery does go flat by mid-day if on the highest setting, but lasts the full day if on the lowest setting if i remember to turn them off when going for lunch.

You can use bluetooth to control them but you have to pay for the app and it's not the best so I tend to just use the buttons on the battery packs. The batteries clip off so you can use them as normal unheated socks if required as well.

I can't remember the exact price as it was a few years ago, but I think I paid around £150 ish for a pair with battery packs. Having had a look around, they appear to be in the £200 range now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy