Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You talked me into Serfaus, now where to eat?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I needed a third place to add to short weeks in the Arlberg and the Dolomites and several of you suggested Serfaus, which I had never heard of. I appreciate your assistance; it looks like a great spot and I'm there in late March. I'm in at Hotel Montana, hope I didn't mess that up. Any restaurant recommendations for dinner would be appreciated. Also, I thought about hitting Ischgl on my drive day from Italy. I'm sort of a lift infrastructure nerd and they seem to have quite a selection. Is it worth dropping a day at Kronplatz or SFL for? Thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What way will you be driving from Italy? The obvious route via Merano takes you straight past Nauders, which is a great wee place for a day's skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of places to eat in Serfaus, last time we were there was a Christmas week and we were self catering. Favourite place was Fauser Stadl - nice wee bar at the front and restaurant through the back, quite a casual place but great burgers and steaks.
https://www.fauser-stadl.at/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
March 27th. Glad you mentioned the Merano route, which I agree looks like the right one (despite what Google says). Thanks for the suggestions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My experience of Kronplatz early mid March was it is quite low and can get very slushy s missing a day there might be a plus.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scooter in Seattle, the food at Hotel Montana is excellent, eaten there twice this week, also good value.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

@Scooter in Seattle, the food at Hotel Montana is excellent, eaten there twice this week, also good value

Thanks for your intel and I hope your trip is going well. My first night's dinner res is there for convenience and its nice to know it will be good after my journey from the Dolomites. Do you have time for one more: As I study my piste map it is clear I'll want to get to Pezid (looking for long fast unpopulated reds and blacks). Less clear is the way there first thing in the morning. After Komperdellbahn, it looks like you have to slide over to Scheidbahn....true? It appears Lazidbahn doesn't get me there. The map has too much going on in that area, and anyhow it must be really hard to turn 3D into 2!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy