Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

James Bond and the Seceda

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Seceda piste going down to Santa Christina in the Dolomites is often referred to as the James Bond run. Why is that, was it in a film? If so, which one and which scene? I've had a quick look but can't find anything. Os it just because it feels like it should of been in a Bond film.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's an urban myth probably started by British ski reps.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 3-01-19 17:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cortina d’Ampezzo’s Socrepes ski area is the one in For Your Eyes Only. Full James Bond Nerd page here. http://welove2ski.com/james-bond-skiing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite a few years back I competed in the Olympic stadium in Cortina d'Ampezzo, lovely wooden affair, nice rink. There was a Bond scene shot at the stadium …..

A lot of the Bond ski scenes were filmed on the slopes, by the bobsleigh run, and on the ski-jump stadium.

http://youtube.com/v/XM857W9Ssl8
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought parts of the 'chase' scene in For Your Eyes Only were filmed on the Seceda run due to lack of snow in Cortina..?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were staying in the same hotel in Cortina D'Ampezzo, the Crystal Palace, as some of the crew filming For Your Eyes Only, we were invited to some of the night shots, I have an abiding memory of Willy Bogner skiing backwards down the bobsleigh run holding a full size camera filming one of the stunt men skiing down the run, I'm fairly certain there were about nine of them for the various scenes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albob wrote:
I thought parts of the 'chase' scene in For Your Eyes Only were filmed on the Seceda run due to lack of snow in Cortina..?

If that's the case, there may be more to it than just myth. I'm out there in 2 weeks, I'll ask Werner at the Curona Hutte. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"...….I'll ask Werner at the Curona Hutte…."

make sure you try their Apple Strudel..!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
"...….I'll ask Werner at the Curona Hutte…."

make sure you try their Apple Strudel..!

Choccy dumplings. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy