Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

IASI L4 Technical Outcome Standards video

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=223&v=HJidy4Ym8-I

Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret wrote:
...Thoughts?

I can’t believe they’re pro skiers...I’m so much better than them Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow amazing - where do I find these empty pistes? Also so I can avoid those bumps Toofy Grin

Oh and that is some awesome skiing... though my knees hurt just from watching him jump down the variable terrain
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not bad...any BASI Level 2 is better than an IASI though Toofy Grin

Err....maybe not wink

BTW...BASI-IASI....don't mention Brexit!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very helpful videos (there are similar ones for L3 and L2 available too), and I'm sure not easy to produce, so I appreciate them putting them up. The variables skiing is I think particularly impressive - nice to see them getting out of shape a couple of times but getting it back straight away.

One thing I really like about the IASI system is that the movements and performance shown need to be appropriate to the skier and terrain rather than demonstrating a particular amount of this/that or style. I think that comes across in the videos with the different skiers. I suspect that I would struggle to progress beyond BASI L3, but perhaps there is a better path to progression for me at that level within the IASI system.

Really should book some L3 exams this winter... running out of excuses to procrastinate.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was wondering how Ireland managed to get such great skiers!

Turns out they're 2 British BASI L4 skiers and an Italian.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@olderscot, just as many British instructors work and train in systems other than BASI, none of the national training systems (that I'm aware of) require you to be from a particular country to train with them. At that level I think it would be unusual to find someone who is only qualified through a single system.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know. My comments were all a bit tongue in cheek.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually 1 of the brits is Canadian L4 and the Italian is Swiss qualified
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
... Italian is Swiss qualified
Isn't he also BASI qualified?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Actually 1 of the brits is Canadian L4

True, but also passed BASI level 4 Tech and Teach according to this https://europeansnowsport.com/jamie-kagen/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

Actually 1 of the brits is Canadian L4

True, but also passed BASI level 4 Tech and Teach according to this https://europeansnowsport.com/jamie-kagen/
Plenty of instructors find it interesting to be a part of different systems.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, Yeah he is, I think up to L3 with BASI, then i believe finished with through the Swiss system but, was a few years ago when I was living in the same apt and training with the Italian guy so not 100% sure. Just making the point that although British and Italian they trained with other organisations and that the range/influence of training from various national bodies shows. One guy was solely BASI trained through full L4 and is asfaik the only one of the 3 to have passed the ET, again it shows in his skiing imv.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I could see quite a few differences between the way they skied but couldn't tell who was who.

What do you think of the demonstrated standards in the videos? Seeing as the IASA 'Educators' have trained and qualified through various international schemes is there anything about the IASI standards or demonstrations that stand out as being different from the other bodies or are they all essentially the same?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
olderscot wrote:
Seeing as the IASA 'Educators' have trained and qualified through various international schemes is there anything about the IASI standards or demonstrations that stand out as being different from the other bodies or are they all essentially the same?
From what I've seen of different systems overall I don't think there are significant difference in standards. The differences there are seem to me to be more about the choice of technical language and emphasis, and perhaps what instructors are asked to demonstrate at each level of their qualification, and the manner in which they are asked to demonstrate their skiing.
snow report
@olderscot, the guy in the sweet helmet is a Brit but went through the Canadian system and achieved his full cert L4 through them, has now returned to Europe and is doing his BASI L4 quals (BASI only grant you equivalence for one level below another system) so has done his teach and tech and just has the pesky ET to go Wink

All three guys are very strong skiers and fit, powerful athletes. I think the videos are excellent and much more thorough than the BASI ones which in my view are too short. Well done to IASI as these short clips represent a heck of a lot of time and effort...
snow report
Sorry, someone has to say it - I'm surprised they didn't do every turn twice...

to be sure, to be sure...

I'll get my coat...
ski holidays
@offpisteskiing, Definitely a get your coat moment rolling eyes Toofy Grin rolling eyes Not an Irishman amongst the demonstrators though... Not even sure there is one on their demo team for Interski wink
ski holidays
IASI certainly do seem to be doing a good job with these videos. I also thought it was interesting to see that Warren Smith and his instructors are now associated with IASI.
latest report
@skimottaret, I am quite resigned to the low quality of my humour Happy
ski holidays
Video up for 3 months now...
3 likes so far.
Hmm, draw your own conclusions...
ski holidays
@olderscot,
Quote:

. I also thought it was interesting to see that Warren Smith and his instructors are now associated with IASI.

New concept...'business'...WS, a master.
latest report
T_Hee wrote:
Video up for 3 months now...
3 likes so far.
Hmm, draw your own conclusions...

Simply that most people don't look for this much detail in their skiing (literally everyone I've skiied with so far just looks to survival ski the hardest run they can find, and less about "how to ski well" judging by "but we've skiied that run already" comments that often appear).

Very sound technique demonstrated in all parts. Grey / white helmet skier was very bouncy in the variable and bump segments leaving almost looking to jump into most turns. Not surprised after watching him also do the speiss demo Very Happy

If I skiied more would take a clinic from any of them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy