Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old lifts with new kit. Is it worth it in 3 Valleys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So the lift co. in the so-called world's biggest resort decide to reinvent a couple of lifts on the cheap. Plan de l'homme becomes legends with new chairs and roc de fer removed. New bubbles on les bruyerres (sp?). Today legends closed due to electrical problem and stop start on bruyerres
cos the bubble doors won't close. No boarding at mid station. Queues all round. Can anyone explain the customer benefits? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legends in Meribel is a brand new lift in Meribel not a refurb and replaces plan de l’Homme which has been moved higher as Chereferie. The last couple of weeks it has worked well and is much faster than its predecessor and has higher throughput.
Bruyeres lift is a refurbishment in Les Menuires. It has new mechanics, electricals and cabins. The last couple of weeks it has had a lot of technical problems. The cabins seem cosy and people are reluctant to sit four abreast, there have been big queues and as you say access has had to be stopped from the mid station. In my view the lift should have been totally replaced with a 10 Seater cabin system as several have been in recent years in the 3V. I cannot see it being any improvement apart from being able to sit down when you manage to get on the thing. It is £11m poorly spent and Sevabel need to learn from this. Unfortunately we will have to live with this poor planning with continued bottlenecks at the base station whatever they say about increased capacity. The cabins will hold 10 with 8seated and two standing but I have not seen this yet!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My oh says they were doing 8 + 2 today on bruyerres.
Having skied recently in Austria, savabel need to make some serious improvements so as not to get left behind.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had high hopes for the Bruyeres upgrade but are very disappointed. I wouldn’t like to be the ones standing particularly with its current problems. As you say Sevabel need to make improvements the queues at both Bruyeres and Mont de la Chambre are in my view not acceptable for the money people pay and we avoid them at busy periods. Sevabel currently have a project looking at Masse 1 & 2 , I certainly hope they learn from the Bruyeres experience when it comes to implementing this Project.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree re queues especially at mdlc. Can't see how two 4 person lifts can transfer on to a 6 person chair. Trouble again today with bruyerres.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@FionaTwice, do they have a singles queue for Bruyeres. I ski regularly in Madonaa and there's a similar lift there and the lifties are pushing singles in all the time because people don't want to make the space for the extra people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is. However my oh got told off for using it by other users. All used different fuzzy logic which she ignored.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@FionaTwice, point at the sign or shrug your shoulders and pretend to be French Very Happy

I'll be trying it in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know how I get on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't worry. She has sharp shoulders an thick skin.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@FionaTwice, best way Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy