Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Father and son - cheap option first week in April!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I've come across a deal to Meribel Mottaret for £463pp from Manchester. Not a bad price, high resort at 1750m and I think I can get 3% cashback through another website. This might be go'er. Flight leaves in the morning so could either drive down Friday and get a park and fly hotel or do a mad one and drive through the night.

@Layne, I'm a little worried about leaving it too late to book something in case I have to make serious compromises. I've never booked any holiday late before to be honest.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Boofont, when you see a deal you are happy with, go for it. Yes maybe the price may go down, but also may sell out or end up with only options with more compromises.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, yes, I'm with you. It's a chalet with 5 out of 7 nights catered - I like that, gives me and my son 2 nights to do our own thing. Seems cozy, and nice to meet new people and make new friends. I skied the Three Valleys years ago (maybe 20?) from Les Menuires and recall it being good.

My lad is an OK skier. Only done two weeks but was more than able to ski over from Val D'Isere to the top of Tignes and back. Plus he gave Le Face de Bellevarde a good go too! So I think Meribel will be just fine.

Only down side is that drive but it is what it is!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Secret escapes had some nice deals on their website

Easyjet holidays have got some flight and accommodation deals to grand massif and chamonix from Edinburgh for less than 450 each. OK you need transfers but they aren't too dear and easily sorted
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boofont wrote:
So I've come across a deal to Meribel Mottaret for £463pp from Manchester. Not a bad price, high resort at 1750m and I think I can get 3% cashback through another website. This might be go'er. Flight leaves in the morning so could either drive down Friday and get a park and fly hotel or do a mad one and drive through the night.

It's certainly not a bad price. Have you checked out the lift pass prices. You OK with those?

Boofont wrote:
@Layne, I'm a little worried about leaving it too late to book something in case I have to make serious compromises. I've never booked any holiday late before to be honest.

Well I understand it's not easy. I use to do it regularly many years ago when doing it with mates. It was much harder then because the internet wasn't in full force so you had to call around. Confess to not having done it recently as we DIY, drive and apartment these days, which means booking early. You might save perhaps another £100 per head waiting. Depends how tight the budget is and/or how much it would annoy in that circumstance. It could also be that prices are dropping a bit quicker this year because there has been a couple of poor weather weeks (snow wise) and because of Brexit.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went with Sunweb in the end. The main problem for me was that all the bargain deals involved flights in the wee small hours so couldn't get there by public transport, and they also involved huge expense for ski carriage, completely negating any saving.

So for a little over a grand I've got myself and the boy wonder: Super Salzburger passes, half board in Kirchberg, 200m from a lift that takes you into the Kitzbuhel area and a couple of mins bus ride to the gondola that takes you to the Westendorf ski area. For 250 we've got flights plus baggage with BA from Manchester at a civilised hour.

Then hire some boots for laddo, plus airport transfers, train to Manchester, beer and lunch money. £1750 start to finish maybe.

But to say it's not been straightforward to work out would be an understatement. I did manage to book some Gatwick flights which were an incredibly good deal, £80pp instead of the £325 that was on the BA website, couldn't believe my luck. It was only when I checked the dates that I realised I'd put in the return date as the departure date: £160 for the pleasure of flying to Salzburg and then boarding the plane back to Gatwick without leaving the terminal. rolling eyes

Just need some decent snow now...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well I made a booking yesterday. Sadly, I missed the bargain Meribel option. I was going to book Sat morning but then received a curve ball bit of news that needed sorting with work this Monday morning. Come Monday lunch it was gone. Anyway, got a good deal on a shared chalet at Plagne 1800. I understand there are some other kids there so might work out great. Flying from Manchester early Sat 30th. Managed to get the holiday with ski carriage and x2 full area passes for under £1500 which I'm happy with.

Just need to see now whether I book a hotel with parking at around I guess £80-£100 for the night of the 29th or go banzai and drive down through the night and park up, can get that for £35.

Any Manchester Airport hotel with parking deals out there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy