Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Italian Resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@dublin2, probably as it lower down the valley but I think you are better being in Madesimo for the village atmosphere and the restaurants. I found everything at Madesimo very good value for money including lunch up the mountain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found the hotels in Campodolcino a little but cheaper than Madesimo but the main attraction was that you wouldn’t have to drive the last bit of winding steep sections up to Madesimo.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’ve also been looking into Ponte Di Legno as I have found they have a bus direct from the airport three times a day so thinking about cancelling the car hire and getting the bus.

Here’s the timetable if anyone interested.

http://www.bergamotrasporti.it/upload/orari/invernali/BS1.pdf
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It’s possible to bypass the worse of the old winding roads to Madesimo by taking the SP1 road just after Campodolcino which goes around Lago di Isola taking a slightly longer, but gentler route up the mountain. I have done both in a transfer buses and this is much better and don’t think it adds too much time to the journey.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes there is a road from Motta to Madesimo village, which is traffic restricted -30 minute walk down the road from Motta down into Madesimo village - a pull coming back upto Motta from Madesimo village
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drove to Madesimo from Bergamo a couple of years ago, to Champoluc last year and Cervinia 3 years ago. If you're nervous on mountain roads then the drive to Madesimo is not for you, the weather was fine when we did it and didn't think it was overly daunting, just take it slowly. The drive to Champoluc is very easy as is Cervinia.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy