Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedots without the dots. Likey or no likey?

Whitedots without the Dots
Likey
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
No likey
56%
 56%  [ 57 ]
Whatevs
23%
 23%  [ 24 ]
Voted : 101
Total Votes : 101

Poster: A snowHead
I agree in that people don't generally buy Whitedots for the design. But then, folk who buy a ski purely for its looks surely aren't really Whitedot's target demographic.
IMHO people notice Whitedots because of the [hitherto] stand-out design then buy them because they are an excellent ski... and people can't realise that unless they notice them first.
True, make them less imposing and some people who wouldn't have bought them before might do so now, but how many sales might that cost you as a result of lost profile generally? I guess we'll find out... I might be totally wrong of course: the new designs might boost the brand to another level... after all, I've never actually made a ski Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How would we spot other snowheads from a distance, or find out which bar/restruant they were in without dots!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You must be going dotty, to be going not dotty..

its a bit like making ribena with strawberries, and a coke can black .... just loses its identity and becomes just another can or drink amoungst the masses ..

you've built a unique recognisable brand over the years .. you need the dots in Whitedot ?

If people buy dots for the ski performance rather than the looks and that is the market aim ... then why get rid of the dots ?

Save the Dot !

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 7-01-19 17:58; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is a very important issue @anarchicsaltire, but
I think I might have a [cunning] plan...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

snowDots
Ladeez n genlemen I give you the new hybrid-brand
snowDots
(mind your eyes Spyderjon Shocked )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
How would we spot other snowheads from a distance, or find out which bar/restruant they were in without dots!
First time I skied in Japan I spotted a chap with a pair of Whitedots near me in the gondola line. I asked if he was a snowHead and he was!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Harrison the Rabbit and I were descending Indren (in Gressoney) in something of a whiteout and came upon the refugio up there that's only accessible off-piste. There were 6 pairs of skis lined up outside, among them a couple of pairs of Whitedots stood out. I said jokingly "Let's stop, there are snowHeads here" and whatdya know, 4 out the 6 were!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
Harrison the Rabbit and I were descending Indren (in Gressoney) in something of a whiteout and came upon the refugio up there that's only accessible off-piste. There were 6 pairs of skis lined up outside, among them a couple of pairs of Whitedots stood out. I said jokingly "Let's stop, there are snowHeads here" and whatdya know, 4 out the 6 were!
Although my strangest "are you Frosty the Snowman" experience happened to me in the dark corner of a multi-storey carpark in Tasch, below Zermatt. I'd just parked and was feeling a bit woozy having driven straight through from London. Out of the gloom a young chap comes up and says "hello, are you Rob from snowHeads, I'm Jonny Luv Plums". Took me more than a few seconds to regain my composure.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
they still have the logos on the bottom - which is the part most people should be seeing anyway!
altum 114s delivered (thanks, Jon) and ready to rock and roll
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems they couldn't decide which DPS or Black Crows Freebrid they wanted to copy so they copied both...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seems a really ill-thought move to me. I would have thought brand recognition was important, so going from a design scheme that is instantly recognisable to something that isn't, is odd.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
anarchicsaltire wrote:
First time I skied in Japan I spotted a chap with a pair of Whitedots near me in the gondola line. I asked if he was a snowHead and he was!

Similar experience in Trysil, only it was my daughter's ski instructor asking me if I was on Snowheads.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m afraid I’m a bit of a peasant when it comes to skis. I really couldn’t care what they look like. To me, it’s a bit like asking what colour screwdrivers you prefer. They’re just a tool.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like the look of the asym Rags. Make me some with two layers of titanal and I'm in
snow report
Scarlet wrote:

Yesterday I was discussing these Kenjas: https://www.voelkl.com/en/products/skis/freeride/kenja-3239/ which IMO are some of the dullest topsheets I've ever seen.

Especially when you consider how beautiful the topsheets were on them back in 2012!

Isn't the whole point of Whitedots that they have white dots? Do not like.
snow report
Best thing I ever did was buy a pair of Dots.
I tested them at the EoSB a few seasons ago and was just blown away at how versatile they are.
I love them to bits and and am always getting into conversation with the locals here who are interested in a relatively "unknown" to them brand.
I have the Director CLs with a Marker F12 binding (thanks Spyderjon for the tip! ) I have had some epic deep pow days on them, a lot of very good skitours and some very fast piste skiing, there is just nothing they dont handle.

I wouldnt let the fact that the dots have gone deter me from buying my next pair, but I would prefer it if they stayed Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Still have the dots on the underside-as can be seen in the attached photo (Mr P Jnr in Niseko this week!) Very Happy

snow report
@Perty, Madeye-Smiley Cool
ski holidays
@Perty, Perty is someone under all that powder??? (great shot btw)
snow conditions
Thanks for all the feedback people, appreciate everyone taking their time to put their views forward! Who’s to say the dots won’t come back, we certainly liked the new look and found it refreshing and clean, and really that’s what we’re all about. Taste in graphics and new names are always the most controversial aspect within Whitedot itself I can tell you!
One of the reasons for a bit of a change is the refreshing of the new ski range that we’re working on and started with the release of the new ASYM and Altums, more to come next season with a range of free ride skis called the Ronde Series.
latest report
@the_doc,
Maybe you could send out the skis with a (big) packet of dot stickers? Madeye-Smiley

I do quite regularly get remarks about the "sick graphics" (that's a good thing here!) on my dotted whitedot collection

...oh and if you need any West Coast Ronde (and dot stickers) testing... wink
snow report
No teaser shots of The Ronde Series@the_doc, ?? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
beenative wrote:
No teaser shots of The Ronde Series@the_doc, ?? Toofy Grin

I might be persuaded! Second set of protos incoming soon, I'll keep everyone posted.
snow report
@the_doc, I occasionally see Whitedot prototypes in the wild here, so if you want any more on show in the Innsbruck area...
latest report
The 3 blocks of colour seems a bit of a thing at the moment, some of the recent Movements are looking very similar.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@the_doc, I occasionally see Whitedot prototypes in the wild here, so if you want any more on show in the Innsbruck area...

In all seriousness, I'm around Mayrhofen and travel to Innsbruck a bit so if you're around (or anyone else interested??) shoot me a message on the company's Facebook page and we could meet up and geek out with the new Ronde 96 and 110 (and any other interesting projects I might have on!).
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
The 3 blocks of colour seems a bit of a thing at the moment, some of the recent Movements are looking very similar.

Yeah just checked out the Movement website, I'm a big fan of the Fly series, there's definitely a similar look going on there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@the_doc, Still like my Zero Ones better than my Movement Jams, just need to find where dad put my bindings for them when he cleared my ski stuff from behind the front door so I could get in with my trashed leg!
snow conditions
the_doc wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

In all seriousness, I'm around Mayrhofen and travel to Innsbruck a bit so if you're around (or anyone else interested??) shoot me a message on the company's Facebook page and we could meet up and geek out with the new Ronde 96 and 110 (and any other interesting projects I might have on!).

I can certainly do that! I know one or two others locally who would definitely be interested too (though you may have met before, I’m not sure).
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
the_doc wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

I can certainly do that! I know one or two others locally who would definitely be interested too (though you may have met before, I’m not sure).

Sounds good! I'm in the UK for a couple of weeks but back in AUT for March. Also, might have some for the EOSB if anyones interested?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy