Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Posting / Courier Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone experience of this? What should I use to package them and which courier etc.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DanFuller, used interparcel a couple of times.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any tips on what you’ve used to package them up?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can recommend Luggage Mule for door to door service. https://www.luggagemule.co.uk/what-can-i-ship/ski-shipping/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
panaga52 wrote:
I can recommend Luggage Mule for door to door service. https://www.luggagemule.co.uk/what-can-i-ship/ski-shipping/

£45 for a delivery from Essex to North London?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@DanFuller _ You didn't specify that you meant an EBay offload.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DanFuller, interparcel or UPS are the best , best way to pack is bubblewrap and duct tape , unless you have a local ski shop which would have a ski box going spare , usual cost for skis and bindings circa £20
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DanFuller wrote:
Any tips on what you’ve used to package them up?

I cut up a cardboard box that a fridge came in for one and a made a long box out of 2 smaller ones for the second. Wrapped in bubble wrap inside. Loads of packaging tape
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Recently sent two pairs by Hermes booked through parcel2go. Both went missing but turned up 6 days later after a investigation. Think approx £15 but by the time you add insurance etc it's approx £20.

Both skis were rapped in bubble wrap inc between the skis. I then hacked up some cardboard and heavily taped the carboard around the skis. Seemed to work well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski bartlett sent me some skis I bought from them in a proper cardboard box, loads of bubble wrap inside - from their base to my door in Austria. It was only £20odd and took c 3 days, tracking info sent along the way etc and I can re-use the box and wrapping - not sure who the carrier was and maybe bartlett get volume discount but don't get ripped off.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone sent ski's to italy before ?

Do you send them to the local post office or the apartment ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used www.transglobalexpress.co.uk which used TNT to send skis from UK to Val d'Isere. Just used a standard ski bag but padded it out with clothes and towels etc. The long narrow eBags / packing cubes fit nicely either side of the bindings.

Get some of that pallet wrap film to wrap your bags into a cocoon. It stops the straps getting caught and protects the bag from damage or getting too dirty.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Use Interparcel.com or Parcels2Go and choose either the UPS Economy/Std or TNT Express options as they don't use 3rd party labour and their tracking is the best. Avoid Hermes and similar as they're $hite and not worth the risk to save a few quick. The UPS/TNT options will be circa £20-25 for UK shipping depending upon the weight/volume.

UPS & TNT have recently introduced surcharges for goods not in a cardboard box and you'll be retrospectively charged a penalty so use either a ready made box or make one up from smaller boxes. You'll also be charged if you're found to be 'economical' with the weight/dimensons of the box so get it right.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Trying to get a quote from parcel2go to return some skis but when I put in the size of the parcel they only offer the post office and Hermes as options. Am I missing something or have they changed the policy? The ups site allows me to send a long parcel.
Thanks
snow conditions
@pieman666, Use Interparcel, recently used them foe 180cm skis, about £25 Uk to UK on UPS

Actually just like @spyderjon, said above. Laughing Laughing Maybe Parcel2Go got some new policy ?
snow report
@skitow, thanks I used ups direct as it was the cheapest way with insurance.
snow report
Just booked with Parcel2go. They failed to collect as arranged with no explanation. SO annoying. I would avoid them.
snow report
Sunandpow wrote:
Just booked with Parcel2go. They failed to collect as arranged with no explanation. SO annoying. I would avoid them.

Parcel2go are only a booking agent so coming on snowHeads to slag them off is a bit pointless. If you want to complain constructively then tell us which carrier you booked through them?
latest report
It was TNT
snow report
Booked to send a pair on 22nd, picked up 23rd, delivered 24th, TNT booked through Interparcel. When I was booking these I looked at Parcel2go but they weren't accepting bookings for over 150 cm long.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy