Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Santa Ana 93

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Currently thinking of some new skis and considering the Nordica Santa Ana 93 or the Volkl Kenja. Has anyone got or tried these skis ? What do you think of them ?
Regards
Linda
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have tested the Kenja and the Santa Ana 93 and 100.

All are really nice skis that are easy to turn and a pleasure to ski on. I think I slightly preferred the Santa Ana to ski on, and having just had a look at this year's models, the Kenja's have some of the dullest graphics I've ever seen. By comparison, the Santa Anas are some of the prettiest skis on sale, so that would swing it for me! Laughing

What sort of skiing are you wanting to do on them, and what kind of level are you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All mountain skiing really, they need to be able to perform vaguely on piste as we ski regularly with some friends who aren't as comfortable as we are off piste. If there is powder around the chances are I'll be in it. Not sure what level that makes me though
Prefer shorter turns to longer ones and was looking at 161cm length (I am 158cm) as I read that go longer if you are caught between sizes.
Completely agree on the top sheet comment - the Kenja looks boring and dull to the extreme whereas the 93 Santa Ana will match my pants!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Either will be fine for your needs. If it helps, I skied the 169 and I'm 163 tall, so I think the 161 should be the right length for you. They are rockered skis and ski a little short.

Jon at The Piste Office stocks the Nordicas, so if you decide on those it's worth giving him a call, especially if you need a binding sourcing and fitting too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great, thanks so much for the input.
I think I have found a bargain - Marker Squire bindings and free delivery for £407, I emailed another online company who offered price matching and they declined to match it which suggests a really competitive price .....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, I cracked this morning and ordered the 93 Santa Ana's, if they ski as well as they look then I will be a very happy powder bunny Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy