Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix to courmayeur.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can you help me out with a few questions please

It looks like, I have to purchase a ticket the day before travel from the chamonix sud station. Is this the only place to purchase a ticket?
Its a little inconvenient to travel across the town just to buy a ticket.

Am I correct in saying the ticket is cheaper with a full area lift pass?

Also, is the drop off at courmayeur the same location as the pick up? Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Let me google that for you...

It looks like, I have to purchase a ticket the day before travel from the chamonix sud station. Is this the only place to purchase a ticket?

Rules here http://www.sat-montblanc.com/img/os_document/557_telechargez_le_flyer_de_l_hiver.pdf. you need to reserve. Looks like you can book online here https://www.autobus.it/IB3.33.22/savda/Tabellone.aspx but I have never done that.

Its a little inconvenient to travel across the town just to buy a ticket. My heart bleeds.

Am I correct in saying the ticket is cheaper with a full area lift pass? Yes, and MBU > 2 Days includes a day in Courmayeur, I think for free.

Also, is the drop off at courmayeur the same location as the pick up? Many thanks Yes. or, if you've reserved a return trip, looks like you can get on at the Skyway. Not sure that's any more convenient.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did Google my questions first but it gave me vague answers. For eg, one site said the bus stop you get off at isn't the same area and the return trip. The other says they are the same. Same applies to the price of the bus ticket.

As for the inconvenience of travelling across town. I was asking as I would have felt a little stupid getting the mullet across town at 5pm after a day's skiing only to find an easier option was next to my hotel. But thanks for your help!!!

Oh. And your link to the rules didn't work
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dave_3, well ... it didn't take me long to find... although I have Yoda-like google powers. And it's not really condescending, I can be much, much worse.

While I can't imagine why the pickup would be different, but as the drop off (a few years ago) was a pita walk from the cable car and bits of the town are one way, it is entirely possible. Doesn't look like it now though.

I would caveat that I would double check that online bookings are valid for reservations. You may well have to shlep to Cham Sud. Some of these arrangements are decidedly bailing string and duct tape. That said, the Mairie is linking to the same brochure https://www.chamonix.com/pdf/chamonix-courmayeur-hiver-2019.pdf with reservations at www.savda.it so ... maybe?

I would generally be inclined to go to the source (the operator usually) for info, while it's lovely that there are all sorts of helpful websites, the information is often out of date or plain wrong .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy