Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with a nose piercing

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Has anyone skied with a nose stud in? Does it hurt when it gets cold or am I worrying too much!?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @Ccxx123 snowHead

I'm itching to know the answer to this one Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If its anything like a Nipple Piercing then yes it does. Or so Mrs P tells me. Very Happy Cheque Please!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nose, eyebrow and nipple piercings do not hurt when skiing, although in the case of the latter you need to be careful with your choice of sallopets if they have braces. On the other hand I would advise against a hot sauna after skiing if you keep the piercings in.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski lots wrote:
Nose, eyebrow and nipple piercings do not hurt when skiing, although in the case of the latter you need to be careful with your choice of sallopets if they have braces. On the other hand I would advise against a hot sauna after skiing if you keep the piercings in.

Thanks a lot Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...pass the popcorn.......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A ring is more useful than a stud because you can hook a T bar through it for the uphill.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it’s cold enough, it makes the piercing site more prone to frostbite as the metal conducts heat away...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name: Does that make the area around it go Purple? Just asking for my friend Albert.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@panaga52, no, ... white, then black, then it drops off... Shocked

I’d suggest your princely friend invests in some merino boxers...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
T Bar wrote:
A ring is more useful than a stud because you can hook a T bar through it for the uphill.

Do you often get abused in this way?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ccxx123 wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone skied with a nose stud in? Does it hurt when it gets cold or am I worrying too much!?
The problems start when it stops hurting. In this case pain is good. And yes, it will stop hurting sooner than a natural, non metallic, nose.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads @Ccxx123 snowHead

I'm itching to know the answer to this one Smile

Do you have a rash???? Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My wife's piercings haven't hurt whilst skiing (as far as i'm aware... but in all honesty I hardly listen to her (so she says...)).
snow report
panaga52 wrote:
@under a new name: Does that make the area around it go Purple? Just asking for my friend Albert.

Lol.
snow conditions
Depends how cold it is. If its cold then cover up!
snow report
Ear tunnels have caused major problems below -25. Swap the metal nose piercing with a plastic stud is it's looking like dipping below -15, or wear a neoprene face mask.
ski holidays
Ccxx123 wrote:

Have you thought about why body accessories are often banned during sports competitions / training? Or will you never have a unexpected fall / collision, when a flailing ski or pole might catch on the stud? Shocked
ski holidays
@ecureuil, 4 years ago to the day I dislocated my ring finger with my wedding ring on it...

Not to be recommended.
latest report
ecureuil wrote:
Ccxx123 wrote:

Have you thought about why body accessories are often banned during sports competitions / training? Or will you never have a unexpected fall / collision, when a flailing ski or pole might catch on the stud? Shocked

It’s a tiny stud and very easily comes out . Nose studs don’t have anything that fastens them on at the back like earrings do , so if it’s pulled at it comes straight out. I suppose nose rings could be dangerous as they fasten
snow report
This thread runs from 'too much information' to 'not enough information' to 'adopt a fetal position and whimper' Shocked
ski holidays
I only visit Snowheads in the immediate run up to my trip once a year.
Generally, it’s like I’ve never been away; helmets, lack of snow, too much snow, snow chains, best resorts for pets etc, etc.
Wasn’t expecting to learn so much about piercings and skiing when I checked in today, very refreshing, thank you!
It’s all irrelevant though as I don’t have any!
Anyway, what will the pistes be like in Meribel on 20th Jan, will I need snowchains to get there and should I wear a helmet?? snowHead Very Happy
snow conditions
I only visit Snowheads in the immediate run up to my trip once a year.
Generally, it’s like I’ve never been away; helmets, lack of snow, too much snow, snow chains, best resorts for pets etc, etc.
Wasn’t expecting to learn so much about piercings and skiing when I checked in today, very refreshing, thank you!
It’s all irrelevant though as I don’t have any!
Anyway, what will the pistes be like in Meribel on 20th Jan, will I need snow gains to get there and should I wear a helmet?? snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Somewhere there is still the old EOSB pic of me skiing with the paper lift pass on my nipple ring Laughing
snow report
just stick to the clamps. Less drama. Skullie
latest report

No Scarpa, the liftpass is supposed to be on the LEFT side! 
Scarpa is definitely the snowHead with relevant experience Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy