Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Netflix

Poster: A snowHead
I’m sorry if this is in wrong place.
Does anyone know if I’ll be able to log in and view my Netflix a/c in France. I have already downloaded a far bit but it’s clumsy. I’m out for 3 months and this is the cheap stay in alternative.
Thanks and
Happy New Year to everyone
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes but you will have different content to the UK unless you amended your DNS settings before you went.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow that was quick. Thanks,
How do I alter DNS settings I’ve never heard of them, although I’m going to google straight away.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We can access ours fine in Austria, so it should work for you in France, I think. You do, however, get a more ‘local’ selection – anything produced by Netflix should be fine, but occasionally certain programmes aren’t licensed and so aren’t available. You can probably find a list online if you want to check if what you’re watching is available. As I remember, it’s been more of an issue with Amazon.

You’ll likely see a few French productions that you don’t get in the UK though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From my recollection you can download an APP which lets you tether your phone to the areas content you wish to use.

Be aware if you don’t do this prior to travelling any downloads you downloaded on English content won’t work if they aren’t replicated on that local content.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a pesky EU rule which came into effect in April 2018 which means that a paid subscriber to a service (Netflix, Sky Q, Amazon Prime) in the EU (e.g. the UK) can travel elsewhere in the EU and access their account and view their own local content. This is temporary access - when I was in Germany in the summer, I could access Sky Q content on the Sky Q app, but that access would end after 30 days at which point I'd need to log back into the app in the UK to resume access.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/03/new-eu-rules-let-you-watch-netflix-and-amazon-prime-abroad/

At least when we leave the EU, those EU rules that allow us to do this will no longer apply to British Netflix, Prime or Sky Q services. Thank god we're leaving, we can't have those bureaucrats in Brussels letting us watch our British services when we're on holiday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably depends on your service provider. I am on Three with unlimited data so on my phone I can see everything that I would expect, as if I was in the UK. This plan also gives unlimited tethering in the UK and 15Gb in the EU with the key being that the tethered device is seen as being in the UK so I can get UK restricted stuff like BBC Iplayer etc.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In our Swiss apartment, we recently got a new TV with a 'NetfliX' button on the controller. Just to see, I pressed it and it worked: we were all logged-in and accounts set up just like in the UK. I had already used NetfliX on my laptop, so I assumed netfliX associated the Router with an OK account and took it from there. Very clever. as someone already mentioned, you'll have slightly different content, with some stuff not being licensed for your location. However, counterintuitively, some UK stuff may be available abroad that you don't get in the UK: we started to watch Broadchurch I (which we'd somehow missed in the UK) then found it wasn't on NetfliX UK when we got home, so it works both ways. When we watched Fantastic Beasts some of the film content (like the titles, newspaper headlines, some street signs etc.) was in German, but the soundtrack was in the original English - so the first few minutes looked like it was a German-language version but it wasn't. However, you can find some films are more heavily adapted, with the base soundtrack being dubbed: it seems to vary.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@enigma, I'm not sure that changing DNS will have any effect. Probably need to use a VPN (e.g. Nord)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
enigma wrote:
Wow that was quick. Thanks,
How do I alter DNS settings I’ve never heard of them, although I’m going to google straight away.

It is done on the device - or you can use an app
hide my back bottom, nordvpn, vanish vpn, tunnelbear, etc.

Dont bother setting to UK - just set to USA. More content.
My main TV smart app is set to US & my Sky Box UK. I use the same login.
My apple TV is set purely to US and the US app store. I have a sub to dishTV with access to everything from HBO, NBC, ABC, etc.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
quick? 29 months? not quite resurrection, perhaps an induced thread coma?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Leona (or Bridget as she may otherwise be known Madeye-Smiley ) hasn't deigned to inform us as yet.

However, in anticipation of a new German series coming to Netflix I decided to watch "Dark" again, to see if I could be less confused second time around Toofy Grin

For the first two series I didn't do too badly, as I managed to figure out (mostly) who the characters were in their various time periods. But in the 3rd series things started going downhill - for example, Martha (either one or both of them?) would appear in one scene with the scratch on her left cheek, and in the next scene it was on her right cheek. Similarly, the three versions of her son (as we later find out) have a cleft lip which is sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right.

Are these characters supposed to be "mirror images" or is the continuity just completely carp?

Or is it me?

....and should this thread be in Apres?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yoda wrote:
Leona (or Bridget as she may otherwise be known Madeye-Smiley ) hasn't deigned to inform us as yet.

She has now and, amazingly a spam link appeared. Post removed.

Yoda wrote:
However, in anticipation of a new German series coming to Netflix I decided to watch "Dark" again, to see if I could be less confused second time around Toofy Grin

For the first two series I didn't do too badly, as I managed to figure out (mostly) who the characters were in their various time periods. But in the 3rd series things started going downhill - for example, Martha (either one or both of them?) would appear in one scene with the scratch on her left cheek, and in the next scene it was on her right cheek. Similarly, the three versions of her son (as we later find out) have a cleft lip which is sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right.

Yeah I was a bit perplexed by series 3, hadn't spotted some of those details though - too busy concentrating on trying to understand the German! Actually watched a bit last night to test out my new surround sound system. I've recently enjoyed Oktoberfest Blood and Beer, and Dogs of Berlin too. what is this new German Netflix series of which you speak? I want to watch the Deutschland 8x series but can't find with German subtitles, only English, which is a bit anoying.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tubaski, I prefer trying to get to grips with the Italian in Montalbano Toofy Grin

I think I read about the upcoming German Netflix in New Scientist - I'll have to see if I can find the issue....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Montalbano - One of my Favs... ; Just wish they would speak a big slower :: "...Io sono Commissario Montalbano....!!"
snow report
I used to get around this (before the EU changed the rules) by having a home VPN, means I can pretend to be in the UK where-ever I am in the world. Also lets me get into my home network which depending on your usage is nice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy