Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski binding switch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a switch knob at the top of the toe end of my bindings on my skis, which has always been set at the side. It looks like it slides up to a position which there is writing which says "on". Anyone know what this knob does? (I have never touched it)

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173699&d=1450676878

From searching the internet it looks like it was the piston technology button which allows the ski to reduce vibrations when it unloads. I have no idea about this, and people are very scathing of this old technology on other forums.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bigtipper, what are the bindings? Link doesn’t work?

Photo?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/298225-Worth-mounting-old-marker-comp-1400-piston-bindings-on-free-ride-skis

Marker 1400 piston, comments on this forum are pretty poor for the 2001 version.

Link works fine for me, it is a photo!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are they marker titanium piston control? If it actually has the piston it changes the flex of the binding plate, some have the switch but no piston actually fitted. They weigh quite a bit as far I remember, had them on a pair of volkl piste skis I once had, it did make the ski feel different but that is all I can remember about them sorry

edit:

cross post and my browser didn't refresh.....so didn't see your other post
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm getting the message "Forbidden" for the first link now. The second link seems to work. My bindings are exactly the same as these, so I have no close up photo. They have a piston there, so the button probably does something. (I never had an instruction manual, or never read it)

This is the best image I have currently uploaded. I use a DIN setting of 7, so I guess I am in a different league to the guys on the other forum who are probably racers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Here is a close up of the switch, I still have not tested what happens when I turn it on! Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, I turned the piston switch on yesterday when skiing Glencoe. The difference seems to be a bigger shove when you come out of a carved turn. Obviously this innovation in the bindings did not catch on, otherwise all ski bindings would have a piston these days.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy