Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twintip that can handle speed and hard snow?

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a twintip or semi-twintip that can handle speed and hard snow well, i.e. a ”twintip charger”.
Waist somewhere between 90-105mm.

Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From Whitedot, Altum 94 hits that spot!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about Blizzard? When he’s offpiste he on the Cochise and on-piste he’s on the Bonafide (98mm) I believe. Should make you ski like him Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/cDqh_bRS_z8
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ski the Atomic Vantage Alibi (2015) and love them. They certainly charge happily and hold an edge excellently for a 98mm ski. Believe the up to date version would be the Vantage 97 Ti
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My Black Crows Atris would work.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you don't need new and they're the right length then these will do.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINE-Influence-105-Skis-Salomon-bindings-TWIN-TIP-ON-OFF-PISTE-All-Mountain/223433211742?hash=item3405a83f5e:g:~VoAAOSwWTZca9IV
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PBJ, plus ONE

I have two pairs !!

That said just back from Colorado and I skied the Rossignol Soul 7 HD which quite a few friends have and both my OH and I were most impressed at how they handled all snowpack, though to be fair we did not encounter hard snow / ice.

I also skied for four days on the Elan Rip stick, which was good, but the Rossi is not expensive and you can get good deals on them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Black Crow Navis and Nordica Enforcers have worked for me. Currently love the softer and fatter Bent Chetlers for pretty much everything off piste.
For a real charger I was very impresed with the Whitedot Ragnarok, surprisingly good at slush, bumps and pistes as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, My young ex racer mate just got the Atris... he loves them.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarpa, I didn't know you could get the "Wings" option Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, to be fair, hes 24, he bounces Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitedot, The One if you can find it as it has gone from the range this year or Altums
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam wrote:
@PBJ, plus ONE

I have two pairs !!

That said just back from Colorado and I skied the Rossignol Soul 7 HD which quite a few friends have and both my OH and I were most impressed at how they handled all snowpack, though to be fair we did not encounter hard snow / ice.

I also skied for four days on the Elan Rip stick, which was good, but the Rossi is not expensive and you can get good deals on them.

Soul 7 is probably the opposite of a charging twin. Soft and accessible.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a look at the Atomic Bentchetler 100mm waist. I've just had a few days skiing on them in spring conditions; Ice, corn, perfect pistes (for an hour or so) and slush. The ski has been a blast in all these conditions and been quite an impressive all rounder. Grips well in the ice, for an 100mm waist ski carves impressively and the tails are supportive if you get in the back seat in jumps etc..The ski has a nice suspension and doesn't chatter in the tips which was surprising for such a light ski, and held it's line well when straight lining and hooning down some quiet runs with a grin that just got wider and wider the more time I spent on the ski. Be nice to try them against the Altum 94's!

2 downsides:
1. There's not a ton of energy when exiting a carving turn, a little but not heaps and there's much better skis if that's the sort of thing you like.
2. I had to give them back.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Faction CANDIDE 2.0 would fit the bill
latest report
Mantra?
snow report
Mantra is a great ski but it’s not a twin tip
snow conditions
asharpe64 wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
@PBJ, plus ONE

I have two pairs !!

Soul 7 is probably the opposite of a charging twin. Soft and accessible.

While Soul 7s are a great ski and I have skied them alot! They are quite soft.
snow report
Quote:

Mantra is a great ski but it’s not a twin tip

semi as OP mentioned? It's not completely flat at the back and new version has tail rocker
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy