Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last couple of years I have taken my own skis. No one else in the group of 6 does. I'm thinking of just hiring this year. Anyone no if you get a betterd deal pre booking or just turning up at the shop? In general.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doubt you can get a cheaper deal just turning up. Most good deals are online via Skiset, Snowbrainer and others. If you don't want to pay a cut to Skiset, you can always try looking at the shop's own website where they will often offer a cheaper online rate, well... cheaper than the rate you get just turning up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpinresorts are another website , read admins links.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having looked a few times I have always found Alpinresorts cheaper than anything offered by the rental shops directly.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads @PaddyM, snowHead
I concur and I've generally found alpinresorts fine to deal with.

There are lots of forward booking systems for ski hire now.
Alpinresorts
SnowBrainer (same company but used to be different shops)
Interport have their own system but often appear on Alpinresorts
Twinner have their own system but often appear on Alpinresorts too.
Skimium is, I think their own chain.
And of course, skiset, who as many people know, I consider the worst of the worst.
Honestly, they're that bad that I see them advertising on other sites and mentally mark those sites down as less trustworthy as a result.

Generally you get a better price by booking in advance but most of these booking agents taking a significant cut leaving it harder for shops to make ends meet so the ideal if possible is to book directly with the shop in advance.
Booking directly with Twinner, Intersport or Skimium, [probably] leaves more of the margin with the shop.
If you book with Alpinresorts, use the link and our code and snowHeads gets a little commission.
Rather than using skiset though, call the shop and give them the option to do the skiset price direct. (You'll usually get better skis as a result)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd agree that booking with the shop (or rather, more usually, their intermediary site) gets a more reliable quality deal. So I'd recommend going to the Tourist Office website for your destination and then seeing if you can do this via the individual shops website. e.g. in our village, there's an Intersport and two independent hire shops and we recommend clients to go to the independents sites before they arrive and book there. They'll get both a good discount and quality equipment this way.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you can usually find a discount code for alpinresorts & snowbrainer.

I also had an email from sport2000 this week about current discounts, which brings them around a similar price to the other places.
You also have intersport.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpinresorts current discount code is ALPISKI, which gives 50 or 60% off. Very Happy

Our friends used them last season in Val Thorens a couple of times and all went well.

Other friends have booked their rental kit with them for Easter (again at Val Thorens) and managed to get a great deal. They got 4 days beginners rental (skis, boots and helmets) for 50 quid each. Very Happy

I've had an email from Alpinresorts saying that the current discount code expires on 14 January - although they have been known in the past to send a repeat offer after the current one expires. But, you never know....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy