Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!!! Advice needed on knee injury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Blighty1066, exactly. Might as well laugh, even if there are a few tears in the mix. Any time you want a funny rehab story, I have a good supply ready.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A week or so after injury, my Ortho Consultant told me in strong terms that whilst most exercises should be avoided, static cycling on my exercise bike at home (my Mum's old, heavy, basic, steel tubed thing) was an absolute must. So, extremely stiff legged, stuck in a lovely skiing stance and with extremely sore and swollen knees, I valiantly approached it, steadied myself by hand against it, lifted one straight leg as far up and over the saddle as I could - and promptly has the whole darned thing topple down sideways straight on top of me Laughing Ouchio!!!
New plan... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing @Grizzler, maybe we could start a mishaps during acl recovery thread. I'm sure there are lots of stories to be told Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Blighty1066, @Grizzler, count me in! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Blighty1066
How is the rehab going now? Did you have your op or just physio?
I'm 4 months behind you I did my ACL at the end of April
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @@Rachelljtaylor,
My rehab is going well. I've decided on delaying surgery after seeing my consultant a couple of times since my mishap. We have agreed to keep going with physio and re assess in 6 months. So far so good and just been moved up to the advanced class (NHS physio) so time will tell I suppose if it's the right choice for me. My knee feels good most days and I'm pretty much doing everything I want to do. I think I was lucky as I didn't really damage anything else in my knee and didn't suffer a huge amount of instability, more of a weak feeling so I've been able to crack on with physio.
Are you having surgery ? Hope everything is going well in your recovery
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Blighty1066
Just thought I'd update you on my progress, I have been with lovely PT instructor for the last 5 months and I've been back skiing I had a week in Andorra at El tarter a brilliant place to get your confidence back after such a brutal accident. I was very anxious for the first few runs but by the afternoon was starting to speed up to 40 45km. I wore a ACL knee brace with steel hinges and it worked fine.
The week went well and the only problem was my right knee swelling it was my left where I lost my ACL. No surgery and still waiting for my next appointment.
The holiday was so good I've booked a second to Selva in March. There is life after losing your ACL and not having surgery.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is definitely ski life after losing an ACL
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rachelljtaylor hi and thankyou for your update. Its brilliant to hear your back on skis again and doing well Very Happy
I have spent the last year doing physio and am also back on skis wearing a brace. I've just had 2 weeks in Austria and skied pretty much everything I would have done before my accident. I've fallen and got back up and put alot of the demons behind me but I dont think I will ever completely forget this knee experience!
My knee has done me proud and stood up to alot these past 2 weeks so I'm coming back to austria in feb for another 2 Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can I join the club please? I "crushed" my ACL and medial collateral last Saturday- decided to do 2 more runs, my 12 year old collided with me in slow slushy turning. I have no private healthcare insurance so am at the mercy of the NHS. First physio is on Monday and I am doing RICE to get the swelling down as much as possible.

I am 51 and overweight so not sure I am a good candidate for surgery. My knee is very unstable though.

Any experiences are welcome, especially if you have gone through the NHS pathway. Skiing again seems a long way away for me at the moment, I'd just be happy to be able to do yoga and my job which is quite active. WFH currently with lots of breaks for icing and raising my knee.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just started same post. Check mine out
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy