Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kastle Mx89 or Fx95hp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Looking for a bit of advice. I fancy a change of ski for the new season. Currently ski a Salomon XT 800 Enduro at 175. I am 6.1 and around 14.5stone. Reasonable strong intermediate and like to go pretty fast as I have to catch up with my son. Mostly ski reds and the odd black but not a mogul lover. Also a bit of messing just off the piste.

I have seen a couple of bargains on Kastle skis which seem to get a great review.

1. Kastle Mx89 sizes 172 or 180 with demo k13 bindings
2. Fx95hp size 173 unmounted

Are these suitable based on my current ski and what would be best option

Cheers

Gavin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MX89 in a 180cm will be ok, the others are all too short.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not skied the mx89 but have tested the mx84 and fx95 indoors, as far as that is a test, and they blew the competition away for me. Both great all-rounders but Mx is piste oriented, fx off-piste.

Given your stats, I wouldn't be looking low 170s which leaves a choice of one. A lot more width than you're currently on though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the FX95hp, bloody awesome ski. Sadly the 173cm will be too short for you
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Looks like Mx89 best option
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hallidayga, at your stats and with the rocker on the MX89 I'd put you on the 188cm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the Fx95hp I'm 5"9 and I ski the 181 so you need this at least
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:
@Hallidayga, at your stats and with the rocker on the MX89 I'd put you on the 188cm.

What rocker on the MX skis? Thy're 'traditional' camber aren't they?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well 'early rise' then, but the contact point is still a few cm back from a true full camber ski
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy