Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

travel / wintersports insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been raised and discussed many times on this forum - sorry!
What in your SnowHeads opinion is the best all-round annual travel insurance, available in the UK, which includes wintersports, preferably with off-piste cover?
Also, and I sincerely hope I'm not displaying great ignorance here, in France is there a difference between Carré Neige and Carte Neige? If so, what? (Is the latter for the season??). Thank you fellow SnowHeads, have a great season!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AG, it has - have you tried a search? this is this weeks thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3314389&highlight=insurance#3314389 which while about off piste has useful info
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AG, search at your leisure! As a summary I think you'll find that most currently favour MPI, sometimes Snowcard; maybe BMC Alpine or SCGB. There are many others also.
Depends on what other activities and trips you want to cover over the year, and where, plus if you have medical conditions etc to declare, plus your age.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but, I 've just received a decent quote from Virgin Money.
It covers annual worldwide travel plus winter sports with off-piste cover without a guide.
For a couple in our 50's no medical conditions to declare.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello

MPI v good and covers off piste without a guide and races like the Inferno.

Carte Neige is not Carre Neige.

Carre Neige- by the day insurance on piste.

Carte Neige- by the season, different levels of cover very good as ski insurance also cycling, rock climbing for a supplement, trekking, training and off piste. Diffent levels of cover including FFS ski races. It is however SKI insurance not TRAVEL insurance.

It is covered quite a lot BTW.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@AG, it has - have you tried a search? this is this weeks thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3314389&highlight=insurance#3314389 which while about off piste has useful info

Thank you!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grizzler wrote:
@AG, search at your leisure! As a summary I think you'll find that most currently favour MPI, sometimes Snowcard; maybe BMC Alpine or SCGB. There are many others also.
Depends on what other activities and trips you want to cover over the year, and where, plus if you have medical conditions etc to declare, plus your age.

Thank you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dippy wrote:
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but, I 've just received a decent quote from Virgin Money.
It covers annual worldwide travel plus winter sports with off-piste cover without a guide.
For a couple in our 50's no medical conditions to declare.

Thank you!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ed123 wrote:
Hello

MPI v good and covers off piste without a guide and races like the Inferno.

Carte Neige is not Carre Neige.

Carre Neige- by the day insurance on piste.

Carte Neige- by the season, different levels of cover very good as ski insurance also cycling, rock climbing for a supplement, trekking, training and off piste. Diffent levels of cover including FFS ski races. It is however SKI insurance not TRAVEL insurance.

It is covered quite a lot BTW.

Thank you all, most helpful, AG
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have just renewed for annual multi trip cover with additional endorsement for 7 days heli skiing for 69 and 71 year olds with MPI and while I chose fairly basic cover for cancellation the essentials - medical and repatriation seem more than adequate. No cover for pre-existing conditions but since this is not an issue and the low cancellation cover is also not really a problem as only an earthquake or something similarly momentous would stop us going on our booked trips (cruise across the South Atlantic and a weeks heli skiing plus days in Canada) I thought total premium of just under £850 was pretty reasonable. We could still go to Europe for a few days skiing and be covered if we wished and we generally sail in Turkey in the Autumn so all round I feel pretty well looked after for a pair of well travelling wrinklies.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FFIRMIN wrote:
Have just renewed for annual multi trip cover with additional endorsement for 7 days heli skiing for 69 and 71 year olds with MPI and while I chose fairly basic cover for cancellation the essentials - medical and repatriation seem more than adequate. No cover for pre-existing conditions but since this is not an issue and the low cancellation cover is also not really a problem as only an earthquake or something similarly momentous would stop us going on our booked trips (cruise across the South Atlantic and a weeks heli skiing plus days in Canada) I thought total premium of just under £850 was pretty reasonable. We could still go to Europe for a few days skiing and be covered if we wished and we generally sail in Turkey in the Autumn so all round I feel pretty well looked after for a pair of well travelling wrinklies.

Wow, sounds like you two have some great trips! Thanks for this info, have a good ski season! AG
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't use Holidaysafe. It's like entering a bureaucratic maze trying to make even a modest claim. They're cheapish for a reason...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sweeney Todd wrote:
Don't use Holidaysafe. It's like entering a bureaucratic maze trying to make even a modest claim. They're cheapish for a reason...

Noted, thanks for that Sweeney Todd...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy