Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

piste maps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, been fascinated by piste maps since I was a kid. Absolutely love them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got the new Morzine map in the post with my lift passes. Yay. Loads of studying to do. But it’s currently frustrating me that the PDS map on the back of the Morzine/Les Gets map hasn’t been updated.

Morzine map has the Ranfoilly lift that was updated last year and doesn’t have the old Mouille au Chats lift that was removed as part of the upgrade.

But the PDS map still has the old config and the old lift showing. Wonder what else is wrong and why they haven’t updated it?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a run on, I think the Swiss side of the PdS map that I don't believe actually exists. Tried to ski it a few times on solo pottering days and always get part way down to find it closed and you have to take the visious button on your left. Can't see it on the map at the moment though but might ring a bell with someone.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Love ski maps....but I've got used to using a web based format for a couple of years ago to supplement the paper ones:
https://openskimap.org/

Really good in that you can 'click on a run in the resort of your choice and get a detailed profile of the angle/grade of the slope. It's been working fine until a couple of days ago, but now there is no slope info!
Any clues from anyone as to why this might be?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TJToms, I clicked on the Les Arcs map and it showed slope information for some of the runs.

Some of the data looks a bit weird. For example this is the return for the Cachette piste

Cachette

Intermediate downhill ski run

Distance: 1472mDescent: 439m

Average Slope: 17° (31%)Max Slope: 73° (328%)

To most people a slope of 73° is indistiquisable from vertical
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, some are weird but most are pretty accurate on the whole from my experience

I actually managed to contact the developer to discuss it and amazingly he got back to me. He said not many people knew about the website. I recall getting the link a couple or three years ago from a friend who's a bit of a computer geek and skis.

Anyway, the developer said the error of the slope inclination not showing should be fixed so hopefully I'm good to go...... except for COVID-19 putting a ban on skiing this year!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TJToms, Cheers for that, really useful. So far the ones I tried have worked well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy