Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix ski buddies for season

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to be in Chamonix for the season.

Am looking for ski buddies.

I'm a young 50, perhaps not as fit as I should be, into piste, off piste and ski touring.

It's my first season in Chamonix after the past 2 at Plan Peisey / Les Arcs.

I'm looking to check out as much of the MBU and Evasion area this year - have 4x4 Volvo for longer trips.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m trying to squeeze whole March in Chamonix, whole season still a distant dream !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am doing a course there 21 - 25 January, and arriving 19th. Don’t know the place at all, and keen to get a taste of the off-piste on my free day, Sunday 20. Not as fit as I should be either, but I am working on it.......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi I'm out from 8th Jan sounds like similar desires staying in Cham sud usual haunt Beckett and Wilde for happy hour!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wallski, Is that you Stewpot?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just booked myself in for 3 weeks in Chamonix from 12th January to 2nd February. I'm going to be working too so I plan on skiing a morning or an afternoon midweek, and then obviously free at weekends (and I'll happily take a day off if the snow is good). I've only really done piste skiing to date (I did an off piste day with a guide last year) but would love to do more off piste. I plan on doing an off piste course during my 3 weeks. I'm happy to join people for piste/off piste

@skiinghunter, out of curiosity what course are you doing?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ChrisKernow, if you have a big car you can definitely ski with us. No question.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes that's me@HammondR,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off piste performance, All about the Down.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ChrisKernow, I'll be there for a couple of days in Jan (skiing 11th - 13th), and from 2nd March to 12 April. Def up for a bit of skiing (Jan will be slower due to injury recovery), and touring etc in March onwards (though still working a few days a week).

Happy to exchange showing you around for lifts to MBU areas Wink I know a fair bit of it pretty well, but won't have my own car with me this time.

@HammondR, good to hear you will be there again, though do you ever leave? wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stick your plans in the snowbuddy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@fixx, pm sent
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@fixx, God willing, 5th season of 4 months coming up. Including summer climbing there the time certainly adds up. One thing that I have come to understand though is that, especially with the addition of the Evasion MB ski area and some touring skis, there are several lifetimes of skiing opportunities.

It must be 3 years since we had a day out (with the Aussie snowboarder if my memory serves me well). Let's have another one this season. Alas it looks as if Vanessa is no more (on skis that is)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’ll be there on Saturday 22nd Dec I’d you fancy a ski
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@brownie, yeah sure - which area do you fancy?
snow report
Cool, ideally Brevent / Flegere - I’m heading back to Geneva airport at the end of the day so best not head too far from town. If conditions were much better could do GM but I’d need to be off the hill earlier
ski holidays
Yeah fine. Brevent easier for me to get to without a bus or drive. At the top of Plan Praz lift at 10am? Happy to do later too.
ski holidays
Ok sounds good, let’s confirm this evening after see the forecast
snow report
Any joints with live music early evening?
My spiritual home is the Underground in St Anton, a looooooong time ago when Joan had it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy