Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo snowboarder wanting to join group

Poster: A snowHead
I’m a 33y/o male snowboarder loking to join a group of snowboarders/skiers on 27/01/19 - 3/02/19 or 3/02/19 - 10/02/19.

Thanks,

Dave
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How would this suit? https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3275983
It was full but I managed to get a couple of extra places a couple of days ago.
Mostly skiers - usually about 10% boarding and sure enough, on this occasion I count 6 other boarders in the group.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Admin!

This looks really good. Unfortunately I’m working on Saturday 26th, so could be tricky.

I presume there are no spaces at the Bash the following week?

Many thanks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hah! The Birthday Bash was full within 5 days of the buttons going up - I could put you on the waiting list but you'd be on there with about 20 others!
Worth hitting the 'interested' button though if you want to hear about next year's buttons when they go up.

Actually though,there's another person who wants to do Sunday-Sunday on the PreBBWUW. I don't have confirmation from the hotel that it's OK yet but he did so last year and it wasn't a problem.
It would work out better having 2 people do that, as they can share a room and it all becomes much simpler.
If I can get that cleared, would you be up for that?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NehNeh

Yes please! Thanks Admin wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there a way of finding out the ability of the other snowboarders?

Thanks again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope to be able to speak to who I need to at the hotel after 8PM this evening.
On the basis of Sun-Sun being OK, can I count you as definite for this then? It helps to know when talking to the hotel, whether I'm juggling maybes or certainties.

Quote:
Is there a way of finding out the ability of the other snowboarders?

Ability at what?
Most are fairly good at banter: necessarily so, being in the minority.
As we know, there's no way to technically tell whether a snowBoarder is 'good' or not but most of this lot can certainly get around. One, I think has an instructor quali now (although I don't really understand how or why or what she does).

Suffice to say, there's little doubt you'll find appropriate company.
For one thing, the bashes don't tend to automatically factionalise around disciplines/disabilities: if it wasn't for the banter, you'd hardly know they were different Wink

jjams82 who made this at the Birthday Bash (and features in it), will be there, if that helps.
He would tend to regard himself one of the less experienced boarders in this group. I think he's quite good but then I can never tell with boarders whether the falling over is deliberate or not.
Enjoy...

http://youtube.com/v/xmiVxsaVJvo
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Count me IN!

Loving the banter, let’s see how you fare on the hill NehNeh

Let me know when/how to pay.

Thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I like to ride with a snowBoard on each foot and I have 2 feet so any ful can see I'm going to be twice as good NehNeh

Let me just check 100% that the hotel is fine with offsetting one room to Sunday like this. (The other guy signed up on the assumption Confused ) As I say, I hope to speak to them this evening.
In the meantime you could put yourself on the PreBBWUW list as 'almost certain' and update your profile (User Facilities (top left) => Personal Profile) - I'll need [so-called]real name, gender, profile pic and mobile number. Hotels in Italy have to collect passport data and DOB which I normally give them in advance to save everyone hassle checking in.

Half the group will be clearing off home on the Saturday but the other half is heading up to Arabba for the Birthday Bash. The transfer is done on-snow, often via the Hidden Valley, which is a good day out in itself so there will be folk around that day to ride with: just make sure you head off in time to get the lift over the ridge to Malga Ciappella, where the bus goes from or you'll be hitching back. Actually, it's not much of an issue: I've hitched that route and it was faster than waiting for a cab!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, all sorted - we're good to go! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great, I’ll pay this tomorrow!

Have many people bought the extended lift pass?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
22 people are on the local pass.
Only 3 people who are doing one week have upgraded.
(you can actually see this for yourself under the first post.)

We get such a good rate on the local pass that upgrading for one week is a tough call.
For those doing the double, it's more of a no-brainer to upgrade.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, I love it when a plan comes together! Toofy Grin

@davinostubob, Look forward to seeing you in Alleghe (i'm a skier by the way, but as admin says snowHeads are a very inclusive bunch, they even let me in) Madeye-Smiley

The actual Alastair Pink - no less 
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, indeed! I see you’re from Derby...I’m a Nottingham lad!

@admin, I guess I can upgrade for a few chosen days when I’m there?

Ta
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's the thing - frustratingly, Dolomiti Superski offer no way to 'upgrade' a local pass so you just have buy a new day pass for the place you go to.
Paying the normal price for a local pass, it would be a no-brainer for anyone other than a beginner to take a DS pass for the week but the generous discount snowHeads gets (for being very special and liking Alleghe so much), means that an upgrade to DS for the week costs about the same as buying 3 separate days of DS passes. If you buy local passes for other areas (eg. San Pelegrino) then it's just short of the cost of 4 days.
Hence most people doing the one week just stick with the local pass and bite the bullet with day passes for an awayday or 3.
latest report
@davinostubob, I don't know if you've looked at flights yet, but I think Easyjet have seats available on their Sunday flight from Luton to Venice Marco Polo airport on 27 Jan and the return leg on Sunday 3 Feb. There's a transfer bus service run by Dolomitistars at the weekend from Venice Marco Polo to Alleghe (and return). Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
@admin, I'm a bit puzzled as to where the caption below the photo I posted came from, I didn't write it. Were the hamsters involved? Laughing Puzzled
ski holidays
@admin, @Alastair Pink,
Thanks so much for all you’re help!

I’m very tempted to just upgrade for the week. I know you can’t predict what groups will be doing, but do you imagine a fair few day trips using DS pass?

It looks like day tickets are around €60 or am I mistaken?
snow report
There's always a day trip to San Pellegrino for those who want it - lots usually do so I'll get a bus sorted. Day pass there is 46€
Many like to go up to Malga Ciapella, over the Marmolada (Arabba pass @ 48€)
...and/or get a tour of the Sela Ronda in. To go that far (ie byeyond Arabba) you need a full Dolomiti Superski pass at 55€
Cortina isn't far away so people sometimes do a day trip there. It's a bit posh so the pass is 50€ for the day.
There's also the WW1 circuit - I think that needs the DS pass too.

There aren't many people who would do all of these in a week though. Civetta (Alleghe's local area) is a lovely area in itself with about 80km of pistes - you can spend a couple of days finding your way around and a couple more enjoying it, easily!

...and that's why it's difficult to decide Confused
snow report
@admin, thanks, really helpful & informative.

I’ll mull it over!
snow conditions
I came here to suggest having a look at the bashes but some keener got there first...

Good to see someone signing up for their first bash. There's usually a few boarders (myself included) but we mix with the skiers just fine if we're house trained (ish). You'll find groups at your level to tag along with no doubt.

As @admin says there's plenty in the local area so you shouldn't be desperate to get away, and a buying a couple day passes as and when for trips elsewhere works out well.

See you in Alleghe!
snow conditions
nice to see some more boarders getting involved.......i remember back in the day when i was the only boarder turning up to a ski test and the first ESOB Very Happy
ski holidays
Scared you off good n proper though since then Wink
latest report
@admin, ......kids.....but i'm back now and with 2 extra tray sliders Toofy Grin

Hope to make some in the future, trying to work out if we can be part of the ESOB this year, but we can only make the bank holiday wknd so hoping to use campervan......fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
@admin, I love it when a plan comes together! Toofy Grin

@davinostubob, Look forward to seeing you in Alleghe (i'm a skier by the way, but as admin says snowHeads are a very inclusive bunch, they even let me in) Madeye-Smiley

The actual Alastair Pink - no less 

I remember that day in Alleghe. You had a trail of ladies chasing you down the mountain.

Gents, if you ever want to pull, either dress like Alastair or choose a different resort!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy