Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foggy glasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weedly wrote:

@MikeM Haven't tried a washing liquid yet, but i get the idea it won't hold for more than 2-3hours?

Yes, lasts about a day for me so not a permanent solution, particularly if it's a foggy/misty day. My ski buddy has a small cloth impregnated with washing up liquid which he carries about with him in a small Jiffy bag. Calls it his magic rag and it's got to be over 10 years old now and still going strong. I think it's starting to mutate Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paxo wrote:
Got my first ever contacts in anticipation of my trips this season (by the way, reading instructions on how to insert/remove the things it sounds pretty gruesome!).

It's really not that bad once you've done it once or twice - especially if you're using daily disposables as you don't really care where they go when they come out, just they they've come out. You don't actually have any nerve endings on your eyeball so you just need to get past the blink reflex.

Paxo wrote:
Don't think I could be bothered with ...the reduction in peripheral vision with inserts

You have more or less the same peripheral vision you do wearing glasses - and even with quite bad eyesight you don't need correction for your peripheral vision anyway as it's more tuned to detect movement (i.e. that Lion creaping up on you/skier overtaking you), at which point you move your head to use your (glasses/inserts corrcted) central vision to identify if you need to go for fight of flight.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just made the investment for an optical insert and I’m liking what I’m seeing at the moment, my goggles feel slightly heavier but it feels a much better fit around the eyes without wearing glasses. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on the mountain, they are Smith I/OX turbo fan so I do have another way to keep fogging at bay.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TQA,
Quote:

Try Cat Crap It works!

It does, but about as well as washing up liquid I found.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I swap these (seasonally) between ski goggles and motorcycle visor for reading phone messages, maps etc. Not prescription but good enough for me: https://tinyurl.com/ybt8kker . I carry folding readers in a hard case (size of a matchbox) for the lunch menu. I also use the Scott fan goggles, just because I got fed up with fogging generally and went for the nuclear option.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry off topic but I got Lazik. Its awesome, roughly the same as wearing glasses. 20/15 at least. I'll need reading glasses at some point but it's well worth it.

Only side effect slight dry eye occasionally.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy