Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 2018-19 Christmas/New Year drive down Live Chat

Poster: A snowHead
This looks a bit worrying https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140397&highlight=
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got held up extracting the eldest from school. Arrived at tunnel 10 minutes before our booked departure- 5.51pm so we’v been offered the “next available crossing” at 01.23 tomorrow morning...

After some discussion we’ve been found a space on the 20.50

The terminal and car parks are as empty as I’ve ever seen. Apparently they’re fully booked but only running 2 trains per hour until midnight when they are running 4 per hour. Weird logic.

So we’re settling down for a lengthy dinner at Burger King (had been hoping for steak and vin rouge at Courtpaille)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Managed to squeeze (last car) on the 20.20 - next stop Reims
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MazDave, well done, how did you manage to persuade them?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There were three other similarly affected families waiting to speak to the desk and we all shared our frustrations a bit and suddenly he found a “cancellation” for us.

Very showery but quiet drive. Got to Reims at quarter past midnight. Had a good sleep and now we’re off to breakfast. Next stop Annecy via a lunch stop somewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arrived in Annecy 4pm ish.
No signs of gilets jaune anywhere - saw a few on car dashboards but that was it.

Out for a birthday dinner later then up to ski in the morning
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For anyone interested Diesel at Carrefour near Reims was €1.38 today
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Motorways are mostly empty, arrived 3h before my departure and they are letting all letters through
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got to Raims at 00:30
A26 was absolutely empty, wtf is going on where is the notorious Christmas getaway?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Oleski, do mist people travel on Thursday? Lots are still working today
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dark and wet on A1. Just passed Doncaster. Busy but flowing. 40mpg fully loaded. Breakfast stop shortly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dam, I'm missing the chat this year. Mrs. wanted to fly this year & with all this drone chaos I'm regretting it before we even set off.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, well I've seen stark warnings in the press about Thursday being about as bad as Friday traffic wise. Also chunnel kept sending me texts warnings about it being a busy day and that I must allow for traffic and crossing delays.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise. So for us today its a bit of Christmas shopping, sightseeing and good food. Tomorrow is the last push to the mountains
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just on a slightly earlier train, tunnel fairly quiet so far.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are enjoying a friends and family Christmas at home before heading down to Dover on Friday next week.
Going for a really gentle leisurely 3 day drive with first stop anticipated as Luxembourg. Cool

Does anyone know what the Swiss border is like for buying the toll vignette?
snow conditions
@Pete Reed, thay have large booths with "CHANGE" written on them, just pull in.
ski holidays
At the tunnel. I was expecting chaos on the roads but actually fairly quiet. We arrived 2 hours earlier than expected and are rescheduled on an earlier train
snow report
Breakfast at OK diner done and next stop Eurotunnel
ski holidays
Just driven past Eurotunnel - lots of lorries queuing and blocking passenger slip lane.
snow report
@knackered knees, Thanks for the heads up. Just approaching Dartford crossing. May just nip down to Cheriton exit.
ski holidays
There was one lane for the passenger traffic when we drove. I imagine it will be a bottle neck even real holiday traffic kicks in
latest report
Any sign of Gilets Jaunes at the other side?
snow conditions
Overhead signs warning of long delays at junction 11a
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, When the lorries are like this I'm not sure how easy it is to cross the lanes to the passenger check in. I guess assess when you get to Junction 11a.
snow report
Haven't seen gilets jaunes on this side, may be they will come out in the morning
snow report
This is amazing. It looks as if I've been incredibly lucky. It has been the smallest delays I can ever recall at the tunnel we just sailed through.
We are now on the autoroute heading for rheims. The rain has stopped but there are strong blustery cross winds. Satnav is showing an eta of 21:30
ski holidays
is it wrong to wish for Christmas to be over, so I can get on my way.
latest report
Best wishes and best of luck to you all out there on the road.
May the Queue Gods be merciful.
But please keep up the posts.
Now even more interesting than the weather thread Smile .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just passed the first ski slope of the journey. The dry slope at arras
latest report
Quote:

May the Queue Gods be merciful.

Amen
snow report
If it was easier to upload photos I would put up a lovely picture of the snow falling
latest report
Queues of lorries but not cars. Straight through check in and on to earlier train
ski holidays
@johnE, Every time we pass that, I shout "we're here - snow doesn't look very good"

After 14-years I suspect kids no longer find it funny
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, thanks that'll keep the spirits up. I'll have a look at the livecams in a minute.
Now I wish I'd put the snowchains in more accessible place. I timed myself yesterday 4 minutes per chain
latest report
@Boris, its always the big chicken at Breast for us.
snow report

Surprisingly difficult to catch snowflakes falling snowHead
ski holidays
Under the sea eating the traditional pork pies
snow report
Very Happy Laughing @Hells Bells,
ski holidays
We like the big chicken, the scenery starts getting good from there
snow report
Not driving until Feb half-term Shocked but I do like to follow everyone's trips snowHead

Funny how you can tick off the journey with various landmarks etc - it's just north of Lyon I really like when the scenery starts getting interesting and you can catch a glimpse of mountains. Stupidly excited when through the Lyon toll and the Alps are ahead of you.

Wish I was on the way now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy