Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 2018-19 Christmas/New Year drive down Live Chat

Poster: A snowHead
@snowlamb, Best I can suggest is stopping at the largest Peage barriers after you've gone through and go into the office... The next large one is Chambery, I think there are offices over in the car park on the right hand side as you exit the barriers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks @boredsurfin, we’re in the queue now for the first Chambers paege. I’ll try the office once we’re through.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowlamb, Just looked at the traffic map and there's a bit of a queue in BstM but otherwise straight through at the mo.. You should be in LA for Lunch snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh no. Our badge is from APRR and they won’t change it here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowlamb, Typical! Oh well its credit cards for you until in APRR land again!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
@snowlamb, Just looked at the traffic map and there's a bit of a queue in BstM but otherwise straight through at the mo.. You should be in LA for Lunch snowHead

Well that would be grand but we’re still queuing at Chambery. Beginning to remember why we always used to try and get past Chambery on the Friday before a big holiday traffic weekend.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
@snowlamb, Typical! Oh well its credit cards for you until in APRR land again!

Looks like it, I shan’t complain though there are much worse things and I shall be sitting by the fire this evening planning my first few runs of the day.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowlamb, according to chocksaway in the Tignes thread, your queue is due to Yellow Jackets. And then its ice all the way up to Espace Killy from Bourg, so probably same for Les Arcs Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowlamb, Just checked for you, the nearest APRR office on the way back is at Ville France (North of Lyon) although its not clear I think its at the Gare de Peage de Limas as usual their website detail is a bit vague!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That’s useful @boredsurfin, will try and sort it out on the way home next week.

@Jonpim, that doesn’t sound quite so nice. Looks like it might be a long slog up the hill
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now at tunnel, Calais!

Road seemed busy with the hordes heading south even at 08.30.

We played count the top boxes per hundred cars three times. Worked out at 15%

Nice and empty and easy driving up especially after last night. Now just have the road works on the other side to deal with!

Passport control here so busy and slow might be due to vast % of cars not Brits.

Some poor woman in pet control with a cat had the rabies jab, the cat that is but without a microchip record and she can't travel, distraught or what!

Also think Grenoble Vizzille will ne a nightmare. Better going though centrsl Grenoble and then through Uriage and then back road to Peage Vizzille. I used to do when I waz limited to travelling saturdays in high season
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You might have to go to the office of the issuing company. Not always the best when the battery expires and you are out of their area!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes border control confirmed abnormal delays due to way above average of non Brits traveling
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Villefranche peage quiet.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just a ghostly echo......
latest report
Bit of a queue before Albertville. 20min ish.
snow conditions
M25 clear up to Mount Hemel - that's all we've got booked so far this season. On the bright side the through load capacity in the shiny new car works well!

Enjoy actual mountains fellow snowHead
latest report
Just driven up to Geneva roads into France blocked by Yellow vests between Ugine and Albertville
and at the Chamonix junction/peage on the motorway.

Geneva arrivals hall the usual chaos...
snow conditions
Sailed through to Chatel, all quiet, gj waving through piage at Anemasse
ski holidays
Sailed through to Grenoble . Rocade busy. Loads of GJ at service station at end of peage but not interfering with autoroute.
snow report
@snowlamb, the road up to les arcs was clear last night. We sailed up it (There was a lot of water flowing down) on ordinary all season tyres. No problems. In fact it was the easoedy part of the whole journey. It has rained here today and the roads still look clear.
Where are you staying btw?
ski holidays
Gilets Jaunes at Vizille roundabout
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, judging by the times on your postings Grenoble to Vizille was slow then?
latest report
@Weathercam, yes and even via Uriage.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, did you take the long back road out of Vizille where you end up at the traffic lights 2km past Vizille that cause all the problems?

Arrived back in Costa Geriatrica at 16:00 even put on an earlier train
latest report
Just driven back from Geneva roads clear all the way. Shame about the rain...
snow report
Glad to report left Manchester at 2.45pm,(and had time for Xmas pud) arrived for 8.20 Chunnel with plenty of time to spare. Now in Arras for quick kip, then Chatal in the morning.
ski holidays
Well done, thunderer, and glad your journey went well yesterday (and you got your Christmas lunch).
Hope your journey down to Chatal (?) goes ok.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Drive down was a very slow one. Vehicle restricted to 58 MPH and we were told to avoid French toll roads so longer route taken. Third driver not much use. He did 1 x 2 hour spell then said he had a bad head. No real delays on the roads and conditions were good pretty much the whole way. Finally arrived in Montana at 2.45 am Friday after leaving Greenwich at 8am Thursday.
snow report
Anything to watch out for on the M25 towards Heathrow? Heading there the day before my flight to Calgary, aiming to arrive at my Airport hotel for around 3pm.
snow report
Passing Peterborough having left The North at 9am. On course for 2:40pm tunnel. Should be at Rosenheim services by 3am for 4/5hrs nap in car park before Kitzbuhel first lifts. Traffic very light at moment except for outside lane hoggers doing 65mph!
snow conditions
If I see one more UK car in the 30kmph peage lane stopping to get a ticket I will start losing it!

Tunnel was moving quickly at 10:30am and the other side is fine too
ski holidays
No queue at tunnel check-in. Got a 2:06pm crossing. Good to hear fluid at other side. Thanks @nadenoodlee .
ski holidays
Freezing fog but roads are near empty all the way to Reims @Dougie,
latest report
Roads to Reims still pretty quiet, but the fog is getting thicker
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
If I see one more UK car in the 30kmph peage lane stopping to get a ticket I will start losing it!

+1
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, so you paid all this extra money to save 15 seconds at the peage and are rightfully annoyed
ski holidays
@johnE, no idea how much we pay - just dislike people who are likely to cause accidents through their own ignorance
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Freezing fog but roads are near empty all the way to Reims @Dougie,
Thanks. Appreciate reports.

Picking up patches of freezing fog through Germany west of Luxembourg. Passing Saabrucken on very quiet roads.
latest report
Reasonable drive down from Calais to Troyes today. Bit of fog, a little more traffic than usual but no yellow jackets. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy