Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Massive Dump in Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Have a look at this !!

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,58057,page=5

Typical. Just as I'm off the Switzerland it drops enormous amounts of snow on the Cairngorms.

With good skiing also currently in the Pennines and Lake District, I'm going to be spending my week counting the days before I can get home and do some proper runs Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter S, Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WOW - Coronation Wall looks excellent - East Lady too .... Have fun everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! Almost looks like Whistler! I miss the Elephant Fence!

Last time I skied Cairgorm was with Charlotte Swift on a basi course way, way back. At least she didn't loose her Mustang on that particular trip. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aye, but watch the crowds at cairngorm....... ticket sales suspended by lunchtime........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S, Which town in Scotland would you be describing as a dump? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Which town in Scotland would you be describing as a dump?

Start in Ardrossan and work your way East wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
or Berwick and work your way north wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
colinmcc, hate to disabuse you Colin, but it was a Camaro - Mustangs are just tooooo common!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski,

Now if it had been a Beetle it would have floated... Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went to Glenshee on saturday. A brief precis:
1)Car parks as full as a fat lady's shoe by 10:30 - cars parked on both sides of the road almost out of sight down towards Spittal.
2)Queues for the ticket office out beyond the Cairnwell Chair (this was about halfway at one point!)
3) Meall Odhar poma burst into flames at 9am, leaving the lucky dozen who'd managed to use it in splendid isolation in Corrie Fionn. (And a couple of nut-jobs who hiked up the up-track)
4) World-class packed powder in Corrie Fionn on the pisted runs, although the queues quickly became a bore after the Meall Odhar poma was resurrected and the left-hand Fionn poma was stopped after launching people into orbit.
5)Superb fun off the north face of Carn Aosda down to the A93, but not without a few rocks hiding under the snow and eating my skis!
6)For the first time in my life I was delighted to be queueing extensively for lifts - Really pleased for Glenshee to be raking in a bit of cash, they clearly need it. Seemed like every skier in the central belt had made a dash for the hills, and it was great to see such support. Just got to make it my business to get up to Cairngorm again before too long. Costing me a bloody packet this is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is the back bowl open at Nevis range? ie can you ski out (I notice the lifts haven't been open this season)?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Visited the 5 Scottish ski resorts this weekend but only skied at Glenshee. Poor vis on the whole and a wee bit windy; not as many people as last weekend - well, not as far as I could see, anyway wink. Lots of side scour on the mountains, so pistes were a bit icy; big drifts by the snow fences - lots of head plants as you couldn't see them! Concrete on the Carn Aosda; best snow was on the Thunderbowl from the top of the Tiger - a bit of a climb from Butcharts as the Tiger itself was closed - some nice lines if you pick your way through the heather, which also gives a bit of definition to the slope - v important in white-out conditions!

Nothing open today so we tried a little tour up Beinn Dubhcraig - nice snow and conditions didn't feel as windy as yesterday - certainly didn't get the feeling that the skins were going to slap me in the face in the wind when putting them on..... or the prospect of unsticking them from my face. Pics to follow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Had a quick look on the Glenshee website this morning,

"RUNS All runs are complete with full cover of fresh powder snow.
The groomers are working to open up the further out lifts some of which are buried.
We hope to open up most of the ski area today depending on the weather."

I can't remember the last time they had to dig the lifts out, just a pity I can't get up there just now.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
here we go, here we go , here we go Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Don't talk or sing about it. Go now as the snow could disappear before the weekend arrives!

Just back fro Gramisch Partenkirchen/St Anton/Sellaronda. May have to work on the wife to go up North for a bit of snow. We did the White Ring twice in St Anton (separate days) and went round the 40km Sellaronda circuit in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions. Just not the same skiing after coming back from Alpe Di Siusi where the runs there were smooth and wide as a football pitch! Everyday sun shining, very few drag lifts in sight and the Seceda top to Ortisei run alone is uninterrupted 10.5km long.
ski holidays
was at the shee yesterday.....

fantastic.

sprained my thumb though quite badly....
so having the day off today, back tomorrow , and probably monday too.

I love Glenshee! snowHead
ski holidays
Was at Cairngorm Friday and Saturday. Ciste gulley was open with some nice powdery snow on it. Also managed Gulley 1 which was realy good with winddrifted powder until it was skiied out. Most of the other runs were hard packed until they softened in the afternoon and some icy areas appeared where runs became scraped. Aonach bowl was good with pockets of winddrifted powder - though getting into the bowl was 'interesting' - entry of the M2 was unpisted and consisted of narrow strips of large drifts along the fences. I had two days of good skiing. Friday I telemarked my quads into submission with not a single queue all day. Saturday the state of my quads meant a change to alpine kit, but still hardly a queue. The WWP had a short queue in the early afternoon when they ran a piste machine down it, but that disappeared as soon as they reopened it and the FRP had a short queue first thing in the morning, but thatwas it all day. Where was everyone?

Sunday I destroyed the rest of my body by racing in the club championships at the Clash - 59minutes for the ~8.5km course and I wasn't last and only 20 odd minutes behind the winning junior!
snow report
Quote:

Massive Dump in Scotland

Sewerage system under severe strain
ski holidays
So if you have to eat Sammon, stay away from the Scottish variety for a while
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy