Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Prism Sapphire / Jade / Torch Iridium Lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there is any difference between what one sees through the Prizm Sapphire/Jade/Torch Iridium lenses? Or is the difference just the colour the Iridium coating appears to others?
If no-one knows I'll take a trip to the Oakley store in Covent Garden and see if I can find out, as the website isn't exactly helpful..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it's just the coating. On the charts that Oakley produce, they all sit in the same position. A couple of years ago, Jade was a fair bit cheaper than the others, so that's what I have, but it probably depends on supply levels.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The three you list are identical to look through.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tubaski, The should all be the same performance and internal vision. I had the Jade on my Flightdeck, but an unfortunate meeting with a low stone doorway resulted in them being replaced with the Sapphire version. I couldn’t tell any difference.

Just buy the one you like or whatever matches your helmet/jacket if that is important to you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I suspected - thanks everyone for saving me a trip across town.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

whatever matches your helmet/jacket

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are very similar and to all intense and purpose, have a very similar performance...but there is a very (very) slight difference in what you see....though nothing to be worried about. Go for the colour you prefer, or the one you can get the best deal on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As others say here — those three are pretty much the same.

Here is a good video that tell you all about the different Prism lenses:

http://youtube.com/v/-_tjkGjHSPQ
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These prizm lenses look great. I use the running sunglasses with trail prizms and they are fantastic.

At the moment I have persimmon lenses in my Oakley Canopy goggles for the low light days. How much difference will I see if I was to go for, say, the Prizm Hi-Pinks?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dougie, massive difference.....persimmon is an all round lens not a low light lens, hi pink is a brilliant low light lens, been skiing them in poor light with the blue sapphire for all other for last 2 seasons, really excellent.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Markymark29 Cool. Think I’ll invest. Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy