Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding week with instruction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a snowboard camp type thing in Europe which is not in the PDS? I'm a mid-intermediate snowboarder and think I could benefit from some instruction to boost my skills, particularly off piste, but the only suitable things I can find tend to be in Morzine/Les Gets/Avoriaz and I fancy getting a look at somewhere else having been to the PDS a couple of times.

Hoping to find a chalet deal with meals, wine & instruction thrown in, purely for the opportunity to meet others in the same boat, for under £700 for the week... if that's achievable!

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a new convert to Snowboard camps, it's great for progression Very Happy

I've done Onyx in La Plagne, and this season doing Onyx in Morzine/ Avoriaz, and White Room offpiste in Ste Foy.

Can't help with other locations, but there were quite a few camp recommendations in this post from last year:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3089544&highlight=snowboard+camps#3089544
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Robin Agogo, thanks I'll have a look at that thread. I did fancy the intro to off piste in Sainte Foy with White Room but it's fully booked! Will check out Onyx in La Plagne though - would you recommend that?

Edit to add - looks like Onyx are only in Morzine/Avoriaz this season Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would a McNab course be suitable?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at Maverix.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both a bit pricy I think although a Maverix trip could be workable if nothing else turns up - most of the McNab trips look like they're outwith my ability.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The cheapest is likely to be UCPA - booked through Action Outdoors. Maybe in Val d'Isere?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes UCPA could work, already looked at UCPA Val Thorens, but was hoping for something more catered chalet based - pretty much like loads of courses which operate in Morzine, but not actually in Morzine!

Might just have to bite the bullet and head back to PDS again, at least I'll know my way around!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paxo, just have a go at UCPA you wont go wrong. I've been to PdS once and don't fancy going back, prefer Tignes and Val T way more.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paxo wrote:
@Robin Agogo, thanks I'll have a look at that thread. I did fancy the intro to off piste in Sainte Foy with White Room but it's fully booked! Will check out Onyx in La Plagne though - would you recommend that?

Edit to add - looks like Onyx are only in Morzine/Avoriaz this season Sad

I was also looking at that fully booked intro week, but after speaking to Stevomcd the 19th January splitboarding week was going to be more snowboard than splitboard, so I'm doing that. The level doesn't sound too scary.

I can definitely recommend Onyx, I'd say regardless of location with all they'll have you doing, you won't have time to notice the resort. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Paxo, we've now got a second group running for the BC Intro week on 2nd March. I'll be leading one group and my mate Paul from Horsemouthsnowboarding.com will be leading the second group.

It's definitely more a freeride week with some coaching than a coaching week with some freeriding though, if that makes sense!

@Robin Agogo, you're booked on the 12th!! Just checking!! If that's not a typo above, let me know - there's one space for the 19th Jan too. Website availability is up-to-date: https://www.whiteroomsnowboarding.com/backcountrysnowboardcamps
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Paxo, we've now got a second group running for the BC Intro week on 2nd March. I'll be leading one group and my mate Paul from Horsemouthsnowboarding.com will be leading the second group.

It's definitely more a freeride week with some coaching than a coaching week with some freeriding though, if that makes sense!

@Robin Agogo, you're booked on the 12th!! Just checking!! If that's not a typo above, let me know - there's one space for the 19th Jan too. Website availability is up-to-date: https://www.whiteroomsnowboarding.com/backcountrysnowboardcamps
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stevomcd, oops, yes 12th it is, just a typo!

..cue frantic check of holiday and flight booking. Whew! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy