Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footie in La Plagne 1800 / Centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re in La Plagne 1800 for Christmas Very Happy . Wondering if anyone can suggest where we can watch Leicester vs Man City on Boxing Day?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gonna a 0-0 bore draw so not worth it mate Toofy Grin

COYS Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Might be on at La Mine
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
might be on at Scottys in plagne centre
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might be easier/harder if its a stream you need.

I remember couple of years ago watching football in spitting feathers in Bellcote. They were able to put 2 different games on two screens.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Shawsy,

Good luck finding somewhere and good luck with the result. Which team will you be shouting for?

On the theme... My best alpine footy moment was watching Ji's last minute winner for Sunderland against Man City (almost 7 years ago) in the Red Fox in Val Thorens.

I was still in ski boots and (when the goal went in) had a tricky landing as I launched myself off a bar stool as I momentarily lost it! Did I get some odd looks!! Very Happy

Mind, I've made up for that since - watching many a walloping on an alpine telly... Sad The oddest, bitter/sweet, experience was watching Cardiff v Sunderland in the Frog at Val Thorens last season. It was a glorious, sunny day & I finished skiing early to get to the pub for kick off (leaving Mrs B to continue skiing). I'd already calculated that I could add to a great day by popping out at half time and skiing 1 run back to the pub - in time to get back for the second half. What could be better than the novelty of a half time ski?

All was going to plan and when I told the barman what I had in mind he even said that he'd put my pint in the fridge until I got back!

So, on the half time whistle (with the score at 0-0), I legged it down the street, skied to Plein Sud lift, took that and skied back to the town. Then I dashed back to the pub and hurried in - only to find that I'd missed the first couple of minutes of the second half; and the barman was standing shaking his head... Disaster had struck and Cardiff had scored. Needless to say, another thrashing ensued.

Still, I'd experienced a first - a match and a half time ski run. Very Happy

We are back in Val T next weekend and I'm looking forward to watching Liverpool v Man U on Sunday and Arsenal v Spurs on Wednesday (both without the half time skiing wink ) Bring on the Grimbergen!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bergmeister Leicester all the way, although will have Man City fans with us. Laughing I remember watching us play Liverpool in Les Deux Alpes during the fairytale season. We lost and everyone thought the bubble had burst. Little did they know ...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Shawsy, Just check that the owner of whatever bar you end up in is not a Man City supporter. My son was in Plagne Soleil last year when Scotland were playing France at rugby. As the only Scot in a group of saisonnaires, he was getting some noisy support from his pals as Scotland gave the French a beating. The match was in the 78th minute, with Scotland about to win when the bar owner took a huge huff and just switched the TV off. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Shawsy, Could be worse, you could have to go to the game Very Happy (says a pessimistic fellow Leicester fan)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy