Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental "ability level"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

This topic has probably been chewed out before so my apologies... With the first of a couple of trips just around the corner i'm looking at my ski rental options, heading to Morzine first and my friend has arranged for one of those mobile outfitters to head to our chalet to kit us out.

I don't know whether to get advanced skis or intermediate. I've got intermediate skis before but i'm thinking of a change, i'm not the most experienced skier but i'll ski reds and blacks quite happily, perhaps not the fastest but i like short sharp turns on steep runs.

I've read statements before claiming the 'ability' level isn't that black and white and to just rent the best skis they have whether they're classed as expert or advanced etc. but i guess i'm just worried about them being to unforgiving and getting punished!... I suppose i could always change them out if i'm not getting on.
You read such exact descriptions on these rental sites "these skis are for people with at least 5+ weeks experience".

No doubt i'm just looking for reassurance, not sure if these rental places just dupe you into renting lower quality skis and ascribe it to "beginner"
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnowBeau, If it's "All Mountain Rentals" I'd be amazed if they didn't give you good advice and try and make sure you get the most appropriate skis (the owner is a good guy).

Don't know who else does mobile renting.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, It's through these guys - http://www.ski-mobile.com/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SnowBeau, no idea then. Probably fine as if they weren't, they wouldn't last long.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get an advanced ski at the lightest weight possible.

Easier to turn, and will lift your ability up a notch.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy