Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck Trip Report 9th Dec-14th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Putting a holder here.
All the stars was aligned.
Took off on schedule & landed 30mins early.

Public transport outside the airport
Dropped us off outside the hotel.
In the hotel within 20 minutes of landing!
However our room is not ready.
Was asked to come back later for upgraded room (love my marriott status).
So had a wonder around some of of the christmas markets & sampled the gluenwein.
Toofy Grin

Can actually see the snowline falling!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok ive not ventured to Austria, but this year is a possible enlightment for us. looking for some weekend skiing. So where are you that's 20 mins from airport via public transport. As that sounds perfect ! cheers in advance
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigtoe,
AC hotel
70,000 marriott points for 5 night
(17.5k a night & 5th night free)
Bus line f stops at the side of the hotel & outside borse die hire shop.
You can get 30,000 marriott points by hitting the easy amex bonus of spending £1k. Recommend your partner for a 9k bonus - so thats you up to 42k points (30k bonus, 3k for spending £1k & 9k refferal)
Other person hits bonus & you combine/transfer accounts for total of 75k (do this through uk cus. Service as US cust. Service will charge!)

Skiing Stubai (an hour on the bus) tomorrow, which is the furthest resort that makes up the innsbruck ski area.
Can get a train to ziller/mayhofen, alberg or kitzbuhel in about the same time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Day 2
Up early & arrive at Stubai to learn they moved the opening hours back 30mins since the weekend.
Then its announced at 8:30 that the lifts will not be opening until 10am

After 9:30 its announced the clacier will be closed all day!
So back on a bus to Innsbruck. As the other tesorts dont have enough blues open for the other halfto enjoy.
What the aligned stars gave one day, they took back the next.

Not really an issue as this was always only a 2 day ski trip & 2 days city break.
So off to swarskovi world Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How frustrating. What was the reason given?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

What was the reason given?

Weather, presumably? Happens quite a lot at this time of the year on high spots like that. I've missed quite a few days in Tignes, due to wind. Lifts are often closed, or open late, after heavy snow too. Very frustrating on a short trip (missed two out of four one year) but goes with the territory.

Enjoy your trip, @Mr.Egg.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep weather.
Guess it wasnt looking good & didnt make us wait until 10am.
Annoyingly I considered changing my plans & not going today due to the forecast. Next time stick to gut feeling Skullie
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go to Schlick! Nice yesterday, looks even better today.

Lizum was also closed yesterday but I think is open today.

Winds too high for any exposed lifts... Definitely worth checking the webcams before heading up in the morning, as Stubai would have been MISERABLE even if it was open!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in Ischgl over the weekend. Woke up on Sunday morning to poor weather (not exactly a surprise) was going to go up, sit in a cafe before skiing down, simply to have done some skiing. However it was probably better when it was announced everything was closed, skiing in a white out is never pleasant.

You have the prospect of a couple of days top skiing Wednesday and Thursday once the sun comes out, I will be stuck in a office looking out at the sunlit landscape.....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999,
There is not enough open to keep her happy at schlik (she wont venture off blues)
Did check the webcams & slopes open for schlik on the way back.

We’ve decided to go wed & thurs instead as now & have city break today & tomorrow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999 wrote:
Go to Schlick! Nice yesterday, looks even better today.

Lizum was also closed yesterday but I think is open today.

Winds too high for any exposed lifts... Definitely worth checking the webcams before heading up in the morning, as Stubai would have been MISERABLE even if it was open!

Plus the T-bars get frozen so the retractable cable doesn’t come out of the housing and the overhead cables get coated with thick ice. When there’s a bit of thaw it falls off in big heavy lumps and is pretty dangerous for users of the t-bar or those passing underneath (it was a problem when we were in Hintertux in October.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mr.Egg, no damn clue to what your on about
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy