Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget hotel chains near Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for an affordable hotel for a one night stay (peak Friday in February) as close as possible to Selva. Understandably most hotels are holding out for Sat-Sat bookings and therefore quoting silly prices for a one night stay. In case the weather is bad I would prefer to stick to main roads not far from the motorway. Are there any budget chains in Italy I can investigate? Failing Italy are there any in Austria (will be driving from Munich)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could stay in Munich and leave early in the morning:

https://www.google.dk/maps/uv?hl=da&pb=!1s0x479de178378483f7:0x7eba528965f68a72!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipONTiLuuUm5syyGt8GT0q758g1ovlN7xvmWmkeg%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5setape+hotel+putzbrunn+-+Google-s%C3%B8gning&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipONTiLuuUm5syyGt8GT0q758g1ovlN7xvmWmkeg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiNoMO58YXfAhWLKlAKHYctCvwQoiowCnoECAAQBg

or stay here on the Brenner Motorway:

https://www.wipptalerhof.at/index.php/start.html

Very good just ON the motorway!!!!
https://www.google.dk/maps/@47.0920634,11.4573718,17z
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll definitely get something that isn't near ski lifts for a single night, try Trivago or booking.com, search around Bressanone/Brixen. There are some chains in Italy, but none are Travelodge cheap and not many are located in the mountains, you'll be best off in a guesthouse/small family-run hotel somewhere along the Adige Valley just before you enter Val Gardena. There are a couple near Bressanone/Brixen at around £65 for a double on 15th Feb. In Bolzano they start at £45 but that's too far in the wrong direction for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booking.com is a good resource, you can pull up a map and see everything available (on their booking engine) all along your route on your chosen date with a price tag attached. Brixen would be a good spot, it's about 3hrs from Munich airport (in good traffic & weather) and it's only about 50mins on from there to Selva, even less to the first Val Gardena lifts in Ortisei.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-12-18 11:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Double post! Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bolzano town.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, I'll check Adige Valley and Bolzano. Will be heading to resort first to sort out lift passes and hire gear so won't make much difference which direction we head after to our first night hotel, so long as it will be easy to get back to resort for an early start on the slopes the following morning.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We once stayed in a small Austrian town called Steinach Am Brenner on a Friday night doing the same journey to Selva. Its just off the motorway and also had a great little floodlit ski slope that gave us a superb warm up ski session the night before our week in Selva. We got up early and drove to Selva the next day and we were skiing by about 9 15 am.
The ski area is called Bergeralm - the piste and gondola actually run alongside, and then under the motorway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy