Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia - 2 black runs not on this year's piste map

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm an advanced snowboarder not adverse to off piste and I'm heading off to Cervinia next week. It's not a very challenging resort so I've been looking at piste maps to work out where the most fun might be had.

I've noticed that there are two black runs that are on previous years piste maps that are not on this year's map.

See older map : https://d3u9sm4kpb9d1j.cloudfront.net/pictures/1313194

See newer map: https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/italy/cervinia/piste-map

The black runs that are missing from the newer map are number 40 (drops off the red traverse 7) and 44 (Far right coming off the top of the Theodulpass chair)

Does anyone know why these runs are no longer marked. Are they still rideable as non pisted runs?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting. I have been a regular in Zermatt (and therefore Cervinia) for about 8 years. I can’t ever remember seeing 40 or 47. I have skied 44 as an off piste route (lots do). I have also skied from the Plateau Rosa down to Plan Maison off piste (that is a route to the left of where 40 is shown. Again it is a popular route. However both I have done with a guide. I am quite nervous going off piste without a guide even though I know the area. At the top of the latter route there are crevasses in the glacier and everywhere in the area there is a lot of rock (and hence rock faces). I trust a guide to remember exactly where they are better than me. However there are lots of people braver/more foolish than me who do it by themselves.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybes should add if you buy an international pass the itinerary runs down to Furgg are already open and are easily accessible to you. Not quite as good as off piste but as close as you can get while following a marked route.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy