Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do Swix pole guards fit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
TL;DR: Anyone who has used Swix pole guards, would they fit atomic (basically normal) poles?

I have a pair of atomic SL poles, but I lost my atomic pole guards last week Sad. Can’t find any atomic pole guards online, which is annoying.

I’m looking at the big white Swix pole guards as a replacement (pretty much because I prefer big punch covers, and I’d much rather the white Swix guards on my red/black poles then the bright green of komperdell...).

My only worry is that they won’t fit well onto my poles, because of the way they seem to connect to the top of a pole.

Anyone who has used Swix pole guards, would they fit atomic (basically normal) poles?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They fit the same as most the others, bolt onto the shaft and a screw thing through the top. Should fit just about any pole.

I had to put a bit of gaffer tape under the mushette's (not Swix) as her poles were a bit skinny. The Swix web site says they are for the 14mm poles so as long as you are a mm or 2 in either direction you would be OK.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great that’s good to know thanks!!

My worry was when they fit on the top of the pole handle, they have that plastic sticky out bit (poor description, ik...) that goes into a hole on Swix poles. This wasn’t an issue for u? Or anyone?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's just a sticky out bit that will go into the hole the screw from the Atomic guards left in the centre of the pole. Swix poles have a pre drilled hole, you just prise a plug out and slot the sticky out bit in, really no different to a screw hole.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
It's just a sticky out bit that will go into the hole the screw from the Atomic guards left in the centre of the pole. Swix poles have a pre drilled hole, you just prise a plug out and slot the sticky out bit in, really no different to a screw hole.

But if the stick out bit (technical term wink ) goes in the screw hole where does the screw go lol? thats my worry.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jjebarron,
It's a screw. It will go where it wants to (not necessarily where you want it to) Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha, fair point. So probably best to get a guard that’ll fit better?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy