Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GCSE Snowboarding Assesment Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm after someone who can film my 15yr old daughter snowboarding in Mayrhofen between 15th - 22nd Dec. This is for her GCSE PE. She has to have skills filmed separately and then be filmed doing a red or black run (I'm thinking red as we've only ever boarded at Hemel Snow Centre).

If anyone can help with this or knows someone who can please let me know. I am having no luck with the ski schools over there at all and time is running out. I need to sort out times, prices etc.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can’t you just film her with a smartphone or go pro?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It might be best to stick to one thread. Have you asked ski schools just about filming. If your daughter has only skied in a fridge she will need to adapt. Maybe book some private lessons for her and ask if she can be filmed on the last one.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok so we are not competent enough to film her ourselves as she has been at it a year longer than us, in fact we only learnt this year so we can enjoy the holiday too. I have a go pro but can't risk not getting the footage properly.

I agree that she'll need some practice first, she's fairly good though, she's done some freestyle. We are having a 'lesson' or two to get comfortable with everything because we've never been before and need the reassurance so I was thinking towards the end of the week for filming.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get your instructor to record it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I asked the ski school and they said they don't offer that service
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe look at a private lesson towards end of week. I have found they are usually happy to film but can understand not wanting to in a group lesson.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@imustbemadme, there's a Mayhofen Seasonnaires Facebook page, you could try asking there if anyone can help you out.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mayrhofenseasonaires/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can't be the only old fart crying into his beer . . . 'There's a GCSE fer snowboarding!!!' FFS! I failed O'level French in a sweat stinking gym exam room and now the snotgoblers get to go play in Mayfhoffen Evil or Very Mad

Sod that! I want to go back to school for all the missed opportunities we who have paid fer the spotty scrotes to go play in the snow. If t'boogers want us to lead longer and more productive lives then we need re-education to bring us up to modern qualifications. So, time we started hammering on the doors of our old schools . . . Life long learning and all that . . .

The more I think about this the more I realise that why shouldn't our schools be open to returning pupils to aquire more current skills and curriculum and mix wiv da yoof?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gämsbock wrote:
@imustbemadme, there's a Mayhofen Seasonnaires Facebook page, you could try asking there if anyone can help you out.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mayrhofenseasonaires/

Thanks I'll take a look, not sure if that's the page the hubby joined, we did find a guy that said he could do it but then came back and said he'd need to be p[aid to get to Mayrhofen so I think he was looking for a free holiday Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque wrote:
I can't be the only old fart crying into his beer . . . 'There's a GCSE fer snowboarding!!!' FFS! I failed O'level French in a sweat stinking gym exam room and now the snotgoblers get to go play in Mayfhoffen Evil or Very Mad

Sod that! I want to go back to school for all the missed opportunities we who have paid fer the spotty scrotes to go play in the snow. If t'boogers want us to lead longer and more productive lives then we need re-education to bring us up to modern qualifications. So, time we started hammering on the doors of our old schools . . . Life long learning and all that . . .

The more I think about this the more I realise that why shouldn't our schools be open to returning pupils to aquire more current skills and curriculum and mix wiv da yoof?

LOL It's not a GCSE in snowboarding although I'm sure that can be done, it's her GCSE PE that requires three sports, she chose snowboarding, trampolining and dance....she couldn't have chosen swimming rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pm’d you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
can you get a follow me drone?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@imustbemadme, You could always just ask other holidaymakers in your hotel. I'd be amazed if no one helped you out. Most folk are fairly obliging.
If all else fails, you could just wait at the bottom of a red run and film her as she skis down?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Simple solution.
Look on YouTube for one of the 1000's of ski vids until you see someone who looks reasonably good and of a similar build.
Buy your daughter the same colour jacket and helmet as the person in the chosen video.
Once there, wait for a day similar weather conditions to that in the vid.
Get your daughter to don the coat, and film her putting the helmet on, in close up, with her saying something like :
"I hope you can film this ok - I am pretty nervous, but I'll give it my best shot".
Film her setting off, and again at the bottom of any run removing the helmet saying something like "Smashed it !".
Simply edit the 3 videos together with some simple video editing software and hey presto an A*.
If you get found out, it doesn't matter since PE is not a real O-level anyway.

Inspired by Viz top tips. Smile
snow conditions
I've done some filming for GCSE students whilst group teaching and private.
They just handed me their smart phones and said 'Sir, can you film me coming down here for my GCSE'.
So, I filmed them going down there for their GCSE.
Job done.

You may be overthinking this a little. Book a private lesson at the beginning of the week and one at the end.
Don't even bother telling the school about the need to video something.
In the lesson your daughter can ask the instructor to film something.... sorted.
ski holidays
I think the requirements for GCSE assessments have changed in the last year or two. There has certainly been some discussion about this in BASI between instructors who are finding they are increasingly being asked to offer this service and of course want to make sure that what they provide is sufficient to allow the exam board to make their assessments. The requirements vary between exam boards. My understanding is that it is significantly more than just filming them doing a run of recreational skiing. There are specific skills that need to be individually demonstrated and shown, and it may involve setting a course with gates.

I can't advise of anyone in Mayrhofen specifically, but I think you would do well to find e.g. a BASI instructor who knows what they're doing and have done this before. This should maximise the chance that the video you get is what the exam board want.

It may be possible to do the assessment at a dome - e.g. The Snow Centre. Inside Out who regularly post here I think offer this service.
latest report
This would be worth reading, and if you book an instructor in Mayrhofen to do this may be worth passing to them so they know what they need to do:

http://www.brentaski.com/basi_gcse/
snow report
kieranm wrote:
This would be worth reading, and if you book an instructor in Mayrhofen to do this may be worth passing to them so they know what they need to do:

http://www.brentaski.com/basi_gcse/

This is brilliant thank you
ski holidays
I doesn't look as if you need to be too anal about it.

This video on youtube for example claims to have achieved full marks for GCSE skiing.

http://youtube.com/v/4B_tiqgNHA0

I guess whatever you do, make sure it complies with what they're asking for.
snow conditions
There are lots of examples on youtube. Here's another 10/10 A* example.

http://youtube.com/v/Ku_mz8MjI5U
snow report
@imustbemadme, Check with your school for the latest criteria - as has been said above check assessment levels, the awarding bodies have issued new guidance for the 'new GCSE grades' following last years introduction and results (much more than the fine tuning that was expected).
I very much doubt a simple video of a bit of sliding on snow will suffice anymore.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy