Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For sale - Vignettes for Switzerland - valid until 31/1/19

Poster: A snowHead
For sale Swiss vignette, valid until 31/1/19.

£18 posted.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck - the 2019 vignettes are now available and valid until 31/1/20
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@look4now, yeah, £32.00 for 14 months (max) makes your £18 for 6 weeks look somewhat pricey!
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@look4now, yeah, £32.00 for 14 months (max) makes your £18 for 6 weeks look somewhat pricey!

In fairness to the OP: Not to someone who has a trip planned at Xmas or New Year but then nothing else in CH in 2019.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Er.....it’s illegal to resell them.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@midgetbiker, edge case.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@look4now, My understanding is that the vignette must be stuck to the car windscreen, and once stuck, it's difficult to remove, which is why Swiss cars often have several years' stickers on them.
Does that mean that you're asking £18 for the vignette still attached to the car? If so, what sort of car is it? At that price for the two, I might be interested.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chamcham, titter!!
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@valais2, explains why those advertised on eBay get taken down quickly.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Even if you go out before Christmas they will sell you a 2019 one. And yes, they are a pita to remove. There's a special tool they sell in CH for the job. Glorified razor blades.
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They’re perforated as I recall, always ended up with bits on the blade, bits on the windscreen, bits on the floor....... Gave up in the end and did the right thing and bought one Very Happy
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not sure if its the same now? but if you parked up and went to the little booth bit when buying rather than the mobile dispensing people, they just gave it to you, and you stuck it on yourself, we used to have it on a piece of clear sticky backed plastic and swapped it beween 2 cars. It is basically impossible to remove in one piece from the stuck surface as @Nickski, and @KenX, suggest.
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not quite impossible though, Autoglass transferred my vignette after a windscreen replacement. I watched them do it.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skier52 wrote:
Not quite impossible though, Autoglass transferred my vignette after a windscreen replacement. I watched them do it.

My own, purely personal, experience of Autoglass is that they struggle to deal with the actual glass changing part so how did they do it then ? Zorracs method with the clear plastic is the usual way to get round this but I have heard stories, maybe made up, of police checking this.
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They had a good sized, sharp-bladed scraper that slowly took it off in one piece.
snow report     
skier52 wrote:
They had a good sized, sharp-bladed scraper that slowly took it off in one piece.

Fair enough, they did well because those things are really sticky and, like someone said above, are designed to come apart if you try and remove.
snow conditions     
I have heard (ahem!) that if you put a decent amount of Vaseline on the glass before you apply the sticker it is quite easy to take it off and put on another car...allegedly!

It only works for a while...don't go back after six months, it will be well stuck by then.
latest report     
Quote:

It is basically impossible to remove in one piece from the stuck surface as @Nickski, and @KenX, suggest.

Nope, hair dryer to warm the glue, window cleaning scraper (basically a Stanley blade mounted horizontally in a handle) and it's proper easy. The softened glue is then fine for attaching to another windscreen.*
Quote:

Er.....it’s illegal to resell them.

Oooh, call Scotland Yard, they'll be straight on it.

*I know this because I scrapped my truck in mid 2017 and was neither paying for another, nor willing to go through the official 'scrapped car/smashed windscreen' process on the CH site.
ski holidays     
Is it true you don't need a Vignette IF only going as far as the Airport? (From France ie Bardonnex?)
snow conditions     
@boredsurfin, nope.
snow conditions     
@under a new name, Toofy Grin oops, I've been very lucky then ...
ski holidays     
under a new name wrote:
@boredsurfin, nope.

Is that because it applies to the roads / dual carriageways ? around the airport ? Just interested as I sometimes park my car in an off airport car park at Meyrin, never been anybody at the border post but I then drive about a 2km along the swiss road until turning off into an industrial estate.
Boredsurfing could go around to the french side if he is only collecting / dropping off ?
snow report     
@boredsurfin, @under a new name,

Actually, this would indicate I am OK and @boredsurfin could do it with a bit of navigating.

https://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/publications/af.pdf
ski holidays     
It’s perfectly possible to use both sides of the airport without using the motorway and thus not need a vignette. If you enter Switzerland on the French motorway then you need one as you’re immediately on a Swiss motorway, indeed you’re unlikely to get past the vignette salespeople. From Chamonix depending on the time of day it can be as quick to come off the French motorway early and drive through the city of Geneva and avoid the need for a vignette. IMHO better just to pay up and look big, it’s not cheap to get caught.
ski holidays     
@jbob, Yep, my thought as well, Best Buy one again, as I have lost last years....I think I left it in a French hire car Embarassed
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy