Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet carry on/boot bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Done a search but results were more aimed at boot as part of ski carriage.

We are flying out to Lyon in Jan with EasyJet (first time for a ski trip). All our previous trips we have taken our boots as our carry on (in their boot bags) with no issues and always got them in the overhead lockers.

Has anyone had any issues about taking boots on as carry on with EJ? My main concern is if they ask us to put them in the hold, which kinda defeats the point of us taking them carry on (as we do it to at least make sure our boots are with us in case bags go missing!). Also, as they will be in a boot bag as opposed to a hard case that they may get damaged from being chucked around?

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see anything from EasyJet that guarantees getting your bag in the overhead unless you either fork out for speedy boarding or get to the front of the regular line early?

Cheers all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This :
"Unless I'm missing something, I can't see anything from EasyJet that guarantees getting your bag in the overhead unless you either fork out for speedy boarding or get to the front of the regular line early?"
If they will Go under the seat you'll be OK though...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Fridge03, I bought this bag last year specifically because it fit through Easyjets cabin bag size measuring gizmo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FTTGCM7/ref=asc_df_B07FTTGCM757283052/?tag=amz07b-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B07FTTGCM7&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311120193342&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14779149165317512353&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045244&hvtargid=pla-564065938055&th=1&psc=1

I already had a boot bag, but the boots were side by side; which made it too wide to meet their size criteria. The Rossignol bag has them interlocked, making use of the L shape of boots. Had no problems. No whether Easyjet have changed the size criteria again since February this year, I can't comment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Fridge03, i use a wheelie case fir my boots...fits ryanair, easy, ba etc. No problems
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last season they tried to force me (and many others) to put our bags in the hold when we arrived at the gate.
I pointed out that my boot bag had a rip in it (which happened only 30mins earlier) and they let me take it on board. Others weren’t so lucky.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easyjet don't guarantee getting your hand luggage on the plane unless you pay extra, you're correct. I take mine in a 'cabinmax' usually, no size issues, canvas type material. Have only once had hand luggage put in the hold, from the boarding gate, leaving the bag on a cart at the foot of the airplane steps and it went straight onto the plane, bit peeved having to wait for luggage at the other end but no problems at all. If it's a serious concern about potential handling damage then you may just have to pay for the priority gubbins.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I often think they determine how stringent they will be about carry on dependant on how busy the flight is.

Loads of times I’ve taken an oversized boot bag and been let on no issues. Yet on a summer holiday once they made measure my carry on bag.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lange allso do a side by side boot bag
I've got one it doesn't look like a boot bag and has various pockets to put quite a bit of stuff in.
Personal I would use Easy Jet only as a last resort.
It's hard to believe but I've resently booked 2 separate flights with BA in Business Class with 2 cabin bags and two 32kg hold bags for less than easy jet once you add on Skis and luggage
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LeglesWonder wrote:
Lange allso do a side by side boot bag
I've got one it doesn't look like a boot bag and has various pockets to put quite a bit of stuff in.
Personal I would use Easy Jet only as a last resort.
It's hard to believe but I've resently booked 2 separate flights with BA in Business Class with 2 cabin bags and two 32kg hold bags for less than easy jet once you add on Skis and luggage

I looked at that to buy for hubby but it can’t take Mondo size 30 boots Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Fridge03, i use a wheelie case fir my boots...fits ryanair, easy, ba etc. No problems

This. Boots should fit in a wheelie case that suits most airline carry on size restrictions.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, This is unfortunately true
I had 29s that struggled. I've gone down a size now for a closer fit and the 28s fit perfectly
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LeglesWonder wrote:
@NickyJ, This is unfortunately true
I had 29s that struggled. I've gone down a size now for a closer fit and the 28s fit perfectly

It is a real shame as it looked really nicely made. If anybody finds and equivalent that will please let me know. In the mean time we have a wheely samsonite case which just takes them so will use that. However as hubbys size 30 boots take up the most weight they are the ones coming in the cabin with us!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Awdbugga, This bag is fab, I've had one for a few years. In my experience, the airlines — inc. Easyjet & Ryanair etc — never view it as a "cabin bag" as such; rather it fits under the seat in front of you, so they just see it has a glorified handbag, or a laptop case.

Indeed, on a number of occasions, I've taken it onboard with a regular, wheeled, cabin bag — with no problems.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. After chatting to my friends who are coming with us, they have pretty much exactly the same bag in the link above. Where the boots fit in as two L's as it were on top of each other. My current boot bag is a side by side job. So whilst conforming to carry on sizes, can't fit anywhere apart from in the overhead lockers. As already mentioned, this bag will fit under the seat in front if required so should in theory mean, the boots stay with me rather than being chucked in the hold on the ramp.

And at £35 it represents much better value than the £54 it would cost for me to "upgrade" our seats with EasyJet for "speedy boarding" (which works better for us, as we hate sitting on the plane for ages waiting for others to board. Much rather would be one of the last on).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy