Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

decent stop over hotel near dijon

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know one? secure parking with family rooms? B&B?

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at the Logis hotels website https://www.logishotels.com/en/ and see what's in the area. They include the sort of motel we stay at further north, just off the A5 autoroute past Troyes (le val moret - https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/). It sounds like you want to be further south than this otherwise I'd say the val moret is good for a family as it has an indoor pool and secure overnight parking right outside the room. The restaurant is good but very family-oriented and unpretentious. This is a 3*/3-chimney place - if you're looking for somewhere cheaper, a 2*/2-chimney might suit. If you do use a Logis, they have a loyalty scheme you might as well join and get points from.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep know that one wink

its fully booked unfortunately, 3* is cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have never had a bad experience at a Logis, if you don't want to do a Best Western/Campanile chain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Near Troyes but in a lovely spot , easy from the Autoroute, great family room with a mezzanine. Stopped there about 10 years ago.

https://domaine-foret-orient.com/hotel-proche-troyes/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I used the holiday inn express at dijon and it was lovely. Can't work out from website if they have family or only interconnecting rooms
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are 2 B&B hotels just off the motorway at Beaune that we have used before. They do 4 person rooms. We have also used la Gremelle at Ladoix Serrigny where you can park outside your room and it has a very good if expensive restaurant. If you want to be in the town try the Grand Saint Jean in the centre of Beaune. Has secure parking and I think does family rooms too. We wanted to use this for our upcoming trip in January but it is booked up so we are trying out the hotel Belle Époque in Beaune for the first time.

Beaune has been our favourite stop off going south in both summer and winter. Plenty places to eat for all budgets and tastes and a pretty attractive town centre too
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed at Holiday Inn Express as well - very handy for the autoroute, a quick dive off and back on in the morning and it did have family rooms - double + sofa bed and a decent continental breakfast included.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/saint-apollinaire/dijex/hoteldetail?qDest=Dijon Longvic Airport, France
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers everyone, i think that secure parking will be a bit of a concern so will look to see whats what wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at this thread too, started a while ago, but there are recent updates https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28639
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ibis at Dommartin-lès-Cuiseaux services on the A39 between Dijon and Bourg-En-Bresse has secure gated compound parking and is fine for a stopover. You can get a cheaper Paul breakfast if bought through Ibis. It's not Dijon but may be suitable if you need secure parking.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Novotel Dijon sud or Novotel Beaune. We have stayed in both several times and they have secure parking. I prefer the Beaune one but both are fine.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ajc2260626, secure parking is a concern of mine too so all the places I mentioned have got secure parking except la Gremelle but we have stayed there at least four times and I had no concerns at all.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Having stayed in Dijon couple of times i have found trying to locate hotel in a city after six hour drive challenging and the traffic out in the morning negated any speeding done prior to arriving.
Beaune is my preferred stop over destination now as there are literally about ten hotels on the approach road to the centre of town from the A6.
Large it up at the Chateau des Challenges or anything from the Novotel to B&Bs on route in all have car compounds.
My present favourite is the Ibis La ferme aux vin as money saved on stay gets spent on the truly ridiculous carte des vins, what is it they say about the better the wine the less the hang over...there is a drive the next day after all.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+1 for holiday inn express Dijon there is a courtepaille a very short walk away. Breakfast is terrible but definitely does do interconnecting rooms and not far from autoroute. Have stayed there multiple times with three young ish kids
ski holidays
We did stay at a hotel on the outskirts of Dijon, but only a 10 minute walk into town, I can't remember what the parking was like now though. Hotel Wilson looks like it may be the right one, but I think it may have been called something else?
latest report
snowymum,

Sounds good.

Sounds good.

Sounds good.

Sounds good. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Having followed this thread and thought about staying at the Hotel Le Val Moret, we ended up staying at La Fralinette https://goo.gl/6S8vhs , which is 5km down the road. It was only £58 for a double room including breakfast. It was fairly simple but we thought that it was very good value and the owner, Stephane, was very helpful. They have secure parking away from the road. As they don't serve dinner, we drove back to Le Val Moret and had a very good dinner.
ski holidays
I've stayed at the Novotel Dijon North as well - with kids and they gave us a room for 4 - excellent value.

I can also highly recommend this place in Macon - great location and excellent food
http://www.hotel-restaurant-lavieilleferme.com
snow report
Ibis Beaune. Secure gated compound at the rear of the hotel if you need it. Short walk into the centre.
snow conditions
Has anyone stayed at Hotel De La Cloche in Beaune and is it any good? Looking to switch my current booking for the Friday evening 1/2 term drive from Le Val Moret to something further south.
snow report
@Ozboy, we've stayed there it was fine. Really central too.
snow report
@Ozboy, we've stayed there it was fine. Really central too. Supermarket just out the back if you need anything.
ski holidays
@Ozboy, We stayed at the Belle Époque in Beaune last Thursday on the way down to Belle Plagne for this week. It was lovely. Easy walk into town, secure parking in courtyard and very friendly. Also had a lovely meal at the Cheval Noir restaurant. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Btw La Plagne was almost perfect today after the snow. Empty pistes too. Unbroken sun forecast for the next two days at least. Can’t wait.

Ken
snow report
@Hells Bells, Thanks I have changed and think the extra 1:20 hours further south is worth the extra €30 as we will be closer on the Saturday into half term. The supermarket maybe a good option to click & collect our groceries for the week.

@rdsweb - thanks also for the recommendations.
snow conditions
@Ozboy, it opens at 8am, so late enough to get your breakfast done and then collect the shopping.
latest report
When are you doing your trip? If it is at peak time ie french half term then the motorway from north of Lyon to Chambery is best negotiated on a Friday rather than a Saturday unless you like sitting in a queue. We always drive from Beaune to Chambery on a Friday and stay in a hotel there and leave early in the morning to get up the valley before the crowds arrive.
snow report
@rdsweb, We go to Chatel and therefore avoid Lyon. Hopefully this will give us a headstartnover others starting further north.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy