Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sapaudia Brewery Producing Craft Beers in the Tarentaise

Poster: A snowHead
@Meltus,
Quote:

I get I'm probably not going to get actual real ale outside the UK (though I don't really see why...)

Real ale more difficult to maintain and serve to good quality standard. Would need significant training programme and change of systems/attitude both in distribution and at point of service.
Don't hold your breath for cask served real ale in mainland Europe. Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sbooker I know you've been and gone since that post...but you're coming back again?? snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good luck @timlongs,

I work in the summers for a local brewery run by an English guy here in Bourg d'Oisans - Goodwin Brewery.

The French tastes are definitely changing.

Anyone visiting Alpe d'Huez/Les 2 Alpes etc is more than welcome to pop in for a look around.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might this make an appearance at the Taos bar during the PSB?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This podcast had an interesting interview with a Brit making a go at a brewery in the Loire - seems Anglophila in beer is becoming a French taste

https://www.modernmann.co.uk/new/tommy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Got to be better than the French stuff they sell, headache juice....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SBP, sure to be some codswallop in the Taos bar
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PeakyB wrote:
@Meltus,
Quote:

I get I'm probably not going to get actual real ale outside the UK (though I don't really see why...)

Real ale more difficult to maintain and serve to good quality standard. Would need significant training programme and change of systems/attitude both in distribution and at point of service.
Don't hold your breath for cask served real ale in mainland Europe. Sad

Yeah I get that. Unless ale gets a high turnover there's a lot of wastage.

Big Mountain here in Cham are doing ale out of a cask this winter though aparently! It's.......an IPA! rolling eyes rolling eyes

small steps....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PeakyB, @SBP, Tim has yet to publish the full list of outlets, but IIRC correctly The Box in Lavachet and the Underground in Lac (opposite the Post Office) will be 2.

Bars in France are often tied to their supplier who provide the pumps etc. By law they are allowed to offer one non tied brew, but as ever.......
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all - thanks for the positive comments.

Box Bar in Lavachet is 100% selling the beer. Also looks like Moose (in Lac and Brev) and Boot Room will be stocking it too.

Best way to keep up to date is to follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sapaudiabrewing.co/

Cheers!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PeakyB,
Sorry. I missed this.
I found the beer in Germany and Austria terrific. Big fan of a dunkel. The Zillertal Pils was top notch in my view. When in Italy I usually sampled the German and Austrian stuff.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anybody know of any half decent Swiss beer thats widely available?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey @timlongs, can we find your produce in Tignes 2100/le lac?
Would love to try it.
@chocksaway can you help me find it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cardweg, I can! The Moose on rue de la poste in Lac funnily enough opposite the Post Office!), or the Box in Lavachet (TCs in a previous life).

Or the slab that's on my fridge but that's for ME! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chocksaway wrote:
@cardweg, I can! The Moose on rue de la poste in Lac funnily enough opposite the Post Office!), or the Box in Lavachet (TCs in a previous life).

As we are in the Langley, the moose has been our go to for apres. I asked there last night & they didn’t have any. Just Man v Wolf which was quite nice.
Thanks anyway
snow conditions
cardweg wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

As we are in the Langley, the moose has been our go to for apres. I asked there last night & they didn’t have any. Just Man v Wolf which was quite nice.
Thanks anyway

Hey, good question - our distributor deals with the Moose so will find out.

Box in Lavachet as Chocks says stocks our beer.

Thanks for getting in touch!
ski holidays
Hi everyone.

Tim here from Sapaudia Brewing Co.

As you can all imagine, it has been a difficult year for us, but we are still going!

We have just filled up a load of 50cl bottles and are offering free delivery for anyone based in the Tarentaise and 3 Valleys. I'm not sure how many people on here live in the valley year round, but if you're interested in a delivery, and supporting a local business, then please get in touch! For those of you who are in resorts a bit further afield (Chamonix, Morzine, etc) then we have a distribution partner who should be able to offer delivery!

For more info, please PM me on here, or email tim@sapaudiabrewing.co

Thanks!

www.sapaudiabrewing.co

snow report
^^^^^^^
I'd take you up on the offer but I assume you don't deliver to Australia. And the way our government is reacting to Covid my next trip to France will be about 2027 - if I'm lucky.
Good luck with the venture!

P.S I'd buy one of the IPA's. Whatever the closest is to a 'west coast' IPA.
latest report
sbooker wrote:
^^^^^^^
I'd take you up on the offer but I assume you don't deliver to Australia. And the way our government is reacting to Covid my next trip to France will be about 2027 - if I'm lucky.
Good luck with the venture!

P.S I'd buy one of the IPA's. Whatever the closest is to a 'west coast' IPA.

Ha, thanks! Yes Oz is perhaps a bit too far away, but hopefully we can hook you up when you're next in France.

Cosmique is our West Coast IPA. Packed with Amarillo and El Dorado hops!
snow conditions
@timlongs, do you distribute anywhere in the UK at all via any of the online shops??
snow report
@timlongs - have emailed you!
latest report
@kitenski, Hi, unfortunately not, import to the UK is expensive for our small quantities and may get even harder after 1st of Jan!

@offpisteskiing, Hey - yes just replied! For some reason it had gone into spam (sorry)!
snow conditions
@timlongs,

Just put them in a box and send them dhl
Ordered loads from web-bier.de and thats what they do.
snow conditions
@timlongs, send them over in the boot of a returning snowhead vehicle. Bet they’ll be happy to be paid in kind.
ski holidays
sbooker wrote:
@PeakyB,
Sorry. I missed this.
I found the beer in Germany and Austria terrific. Big fan of a dunkel. The Zillertal Pils was top notch in my view. When in Italy I usually sampled the German and Austrian stuff.

Same here. Love a dunkel. Both wheat and munich.
Hacker paschor, erdinger, mullerbrau, gutman
Web-bier.de
snow report
@Mr.Egg, interesting site cheers!
ski holidays
Hello everyone.

Bit of a thread bump - we've just packaged our new range for this Winter. The old classics are staying with some new beers too. If you want any cans for your apartment/air bnb/chalet when you're on holiday, just drop me a line.

Otherwise we're well stocked in bars across the French Alps nowadays!
snow report
@timlongs, would you deliver to a chalet in Meribel? Hatching a plan Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, Yep, we deliver to Meribel every week so it's no problem to do that!
ski holidays
timlongs wrote:
Hello everyone.

Bit of a thread bump - we've just packaged our new range for this Winter. The old classics are staying with some new beers too. If you want any cans for your apartment/air bnb/chalet when you're on holiday, just drop me a line.

Otherwise we're well stocked in bars across the French Alps nowadays!

Might be worth posting that Tignes bar list in the (from tomorrow) PSB thread.
snow conditions
@timlongs, great thanks, will speak to the chalet company.

BTW This link doesn't seem to work when I click on details below the beer can https://sapaudiabrewing.co/helbronner/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy