Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skis - Bindings Issue

Poster: A snowHead
I ordered some new skis for the other half last week in the Black Friday sale and they arrived today. I've noticed that on one ski there seems to be quite a gap between the front portion of the binding and the ski - although only on one side.
I'm not sure how to post a pic.
Question is - is this a big issue? And do I just tighten the screw a bit more on that side to sort this? Or is it not as simple as that.
I didn't want to do that just yet before I contact the company incase that invalidates any chance of returning them.
Any thoughts much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hard to say with a photo

Posting photo guide here

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fixed it for you (KenX)

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shine a light in there - possibly top sheet got a bit volcanoed when they drilled it and they didn't trim off flush. No big deal.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's quite a gap Shocked
@Dave of the Marmottes is right, most likely volcanoed, needs to come off and get sorted or snow will get in, freeze and lift the binding.
If you're confident, remove the binding and get rid of the burrs around the holes with a sharp chisel held flat to the ski and refit with some waterproof white wood glue.
If not, get a shop to do it.........
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@RMM, If it were me I would definitely contact them before trying to fix it. Are they a UK based company?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's a Marker Royal Family binding i think, meaning the toe piece that is slid forwards to locate itself is not correctly screwed in. It would mean completely unscrewing the toe piece, sliding it backwards pulling up the toe retainer, sliding it back on and pulling up the screws. It's possible it will be fine, but personally not a big fan of backing off, or totally unscrewing bindings and rescrewing in the same hole.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies - it's Snowleader which are based in France.
One binding has a small gap but the other seems pretty big. I've contacted them so will see what they say - bit of a pain to send them back to France.
Thanks again for the advice - there was a post recently about " forum fatigue " but I for one are ever grateful for all the helpful advice given.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone happen to know how much getting this sorted in a ski service shop would cost ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd charge you £25 (inc VAT) which would include setting the foward presure, toe height (which can't be done without your boot) and dins - and thus putting all the legal liability on to myself.

Hopefully they've not over torqued the screws so that they'll retighten ok.

What I won't be able to correct is if the bindings are in different positions on each ski which I've already seen twice this season on Snowleader mounts as their workshop numpties obviously never check the mounting lines on each ski before drilling.

#theinternetcantmountbindings
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That seems very good value.
Unfortunately I'm in Edinburgh or I would jump at that!
They've come back and offered me £50 or to send them back to get them sorted by them.
I'm tempted to take the £50 and get someone local to sort them - save the faff of posting them and hopefully get them done properly this time.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
See Scott at the Blues workshop in the Leith Tiso if you want it handled expertly & locally.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
McKenzie wrote:
See Scott at the Blues workshop in the Leith Tiso if you want it handled expertly & locally.

+1. Scott's a good guy who know's his stuff.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Take the £50 and get someone local to look at them or do it yourself....or get it sorted when you’re in resort if there’s no one local.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RMM, I'd get the local person to fix them before letting the vendor know you accept their offer. If he determines they are not fixable (e.g. bindings in uncorrectable position) then send them back...
snow report
RMM wrote:
That seems very good value.
Unfortunately I'm in Edinburgh or I would jump at that!
They've come back and offered me £50 or to send them back to get them sorted by them.
I'm tempted to take the £50 and get someone local to sort them - save the faff of posting them and hopefully get them done properly this time.

Go and see Kevin who runs Snow Sport Services on Rodney Street. The man has been fixing my buggered skis for years and mounting (perfectly about 10 sets of bindings), I usually do my own but get get a touch bored of doing it 5 times a year so send a few his way when they need a service too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy