Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yad Moss operational

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The reports from Yad Moss today are very good.

Despite only a thin covering of snow the ground is very cold and the skiing has been very good with all main runs complete. The very cold air and low humidity has preserved the snow perfectly.

I'm going up tomorrow, should be a great day with no queues, light winds and long periods of sunshine forecast.

Are any other Snowheads skiing or riding there tomorrow ?

I'll be wearing blue goretex with a black helmet and will be skiing telemark.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Are any other Snowheads skiing or riding there tomorrow

I would like to, working from home tomorrow, so if i took a lunch hour, could probably get to Yad Moss, run up to the tow, do one run and then have to drive back. Sad

Might have to wait until Saturday
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be up on Saturday, provided there are no sudden thaws. Very Happy
Take some piccies Pete!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd love to go, but it must take 3-4 hours from oxford Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
any photo's? wasn't there a website somewhere with them ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise, This one has the latest web cam picture from Yad Moss.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:
The reports from Yad Moss today are very good.

Is Yad Moss some branch of the Israeli security services ? I think we should be told.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Is Yad Moss some branch of the Israeli security services ? I think we should be told.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A Yad is a local name for a pony or small horse that would have been used to drag tubs of lead ore out of the Pennine Mines. Presumably the 'Moss' is where the Yads were permitted to graze.

Here are some pics and a report of todays conditions which were really rather good despite the North Pennines continuing to be sheltered from the northerly showers.

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,44 snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Took a trip up the road this morning, arrived early, to be greated by superb weather, and not many people. Blue sky and no wind. Piste conditions were hard packed, with some powder to be found near to the fence's. Didn't deteriate much during the day, some small patches of grass starting to appear later. Started to get busy after lunch, guess 40+ people.

Just hoping for more snow. Could do with another day before next trip to the Alps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy