Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpy bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hearing mixed reviews. should I use this company each way from Geneva to chamonix? any experiences please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dave_3, I have friends who have a place in Chamonix and they were very badly let down by alpy bus last season. I used Mountain Dropoffs, who were fine, and I think my friends have transferred their allegiance to them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're willing to roll the dice to save a few quid, go for it. We did to Morzine and it was fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If everything goes smoothly then you'll be fine. But it's a timetabled service so if you miss your slot then you're kinda on your own. Add to that lots of stories of cancelled buses and folk not getting transfers etc. Reports are mixed for a reason!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worked ok for me the 3-4x I’ve used it,no frills but was on time etc GVA to Cham and return.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we've used them 5 or 6 times in the last 2 seasons, without any problems.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dashed wrote:
If everything goes smoothly then you'll be fine. But it's a timetabled service so if you miss your slot then you're kinda on your own. Add to that lots of stories of cancelled buses and folk not getting transfers etc. Reports are mixed for a reason!

This runs entirely contrary to my experience, AlpyBus is a service you book an aprox time for, nearer to the day they send an exact time. They run whatever buses on the day are needed in order to fill demand. If you are not at the agreed pick up in Chx they will try and chase you and get you collected, if you are late into GVA they will try and accommodate you. I have used them maybe 50 times, they have never let me down. They were very helpful and easy to contact during the flight cancellation FUBAR in the bad UK weather last season. Biggest issue I have is that they text you the day before and inform you (sometimes) that they are picking you up way earlier than the estimate at booking (due to low volumes and consolidation). They have UK and CH service telp numbers which they do answer.

Easybus, Ouibus, Swiss Tours are the timetabled services, and yes with those guys it's be there (generally Chx Sud bus station) on time or pay the consequences. I'll use them if they suit me and my schedule as there is a very clear time you will leave and ergo arrive. I've used Easybus maybe 20 times they have never let me down (though I've heard horror stories from when they first started to operate, I think now they have been taken over). Also I think this season Easybus are collecting folk from a pick up point in the terminal at GVA which would be an improvement over the previous 'hunt the bus' set up in the car park.

I'll generally use Alpybus or Easybus dependant on time of day, price comparision etc. I have used others Ouibus, ChamVan, MtnDropOff etc etc, but only in extremis

No doubt my 'never let me down' pronouncements have now jinxed me for the coming season!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never had a problem with alpy bus. Easy bus on the other hand are a total shambles
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used Alpybus last year, they were fine. Admittedly they was in the very late season when it's easier to run a good service. Have definitely seen the mixed reviews you speak of, but I don't have enough experience to say it it's deserved or not
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy