Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid or brave, either way it was impressive.

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/winter-sports/47190035
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Respect
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nutter, and unnecessary
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pretty amazing, wonder if he felt he was too high so thought he had to try and second rotation otherwise would have crashed anyhow???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good lad! Bit of a 'Jacobelis' moment but kudos for a Go Big or Go Home attitude. Nobody will probably remember who won that event but Daichi Hara will own it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kudos. Thought he had it nailed but looks like landed on the crown of a bump.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like he came in waaaaay hot from how he was skimming the top of the bumps just before take off, and just went for it. Nice. Probably would have landed it too if it wasn't for those pesky moguls.

Maybe he wondered if he could just clear the whole last set of bumps and win big? I'd like to think so.

(sprays face with chrome paint) WITNESS ME!!!!! (whooooopmphhhhhh)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
looks like he originally only meant one rotation, realised he was too high, so tucked in to get another quick rotation in, but couldn't land it - neither stupid or brave, just came in too hot on the take off?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jjams82 wrote:
(sprays face with chrome paint) WITNESS ME!!!!! (whooooopmphhhhhh)

Haha, watched that on a plane recently. Cinematic version of "Hold my beer and watch this"

Edit: Having watched it it looks like he lost it a few bumps before the jump, went in way to fast, realised mid jump he was going to land way too far down the run and put the last rotation in for shitsandgiggles.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ozboy, Yep looks like the tips dug in just before it, another M and we would be talking about a spectacular win.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I really wonder if he went for the second because he'd gone so high. He certainly took the first one at a much slower pace and then seemed tpo try and squeeze in the second one. Either way he's just made himself into a star for even trying it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Awesome.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty sure he was trying to make the best of a bad situation, carried wayyyyyy too much speed. Good effort though...and still got to the bottom first Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If he'd hit the front rather than the backside he might have stuck it . . . It's not the skills I'm impressed with, it's the fact that he had functional knees afterwards Shocked
snow report
Spot on @Masque! And given the height he had he would have near enough cleared the finish with only one somersault.
ski holidays
Could have been very nasty if that ski had dropped on him! Would have been like that incident in the USA when the javelin guy fell on his own spear!
snow report
Imagine if he'd landed that. The guy's got balls of steel...
ski holidays
As a gymnastic and trampoline coach I was immensely impressed with his biomechanics. Beautiful second tuck, pity he caught the bump on landing.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 12-02-19 19:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Wow!! Shocked Shocked

P.S... Happy birthday, @davkt!!
latest report
@davkt, happy birthday Very Happy

I think he was seriously impressive and agree with some other posters that he felt he HAD to put another one in rather than choosing to. Really glad he was ok. Seriously though, how long do people’s knees last in that sport?!!
snow report
Michelle63 wrote:
As a gymnastic and trampoline coach I was immensely impressed with his biomechanics. Beautiful second tuck, pity he caught the bump on landing.
Don't think he was trying to 'spot' the landing, if he'd stayed open at his initial rotation speed he'd have landed on his head Sad

Just a 'memo for record' from the same coaching background. When you visit the 'snow park', the floor doesn't have any bounce and you need to rethink twist initiation. . . Just call me 'Broken Betty' Mad
latest report
jellylegs wrote:
Could have been very nasty if that ski had dropped on him! Would have been like that incident in the USA when the javelin guy fell on his own spear!

spear Laughing Laughing
snow report
Wow!! pushing the boundaries!! total respect. And if he was just coming in too hot even more respect for staying with it and not going for a bail out.
ski holidays
Looked like something from the amateur snowpark in Les 2 Alpes.

Dood left the 2nd spin way too late and didn't have the legpower or skill to hold the landing.
ski holidays
I thought he might be going for the double but realised he’d have to tuck up on the second to land it. Whatever, I’m impressed.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Looked like something from the amateur snowpark in Les 2 Alpes.

Dood left the 2nd spin way too late and didn't have the legpower or skill to hold the landing.
I suspect he only meant to do one spin, realised he couldn't land it, so tucked in tight and put an extra spin in, but as a result he came out too fast
latest report
Masque wrote:
Michelle63 wrote:
Don't think he was trying to 'spot' the landing, if he'd stayed open at his initial rotation speed he'd have landed on his head Sad

Just a 'memo for record' from the same coaching background. When you visit the 'snow park', the floor doesn't have any bounce and you need to rethink twist initiation. . . Just call me 'Broken Betty' Mad

Twas a bit tongue in cheek my post Very Happy
Hope you have recovered Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Michelle63, all I do in a snowpark these days is lay there and leak body fluids Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy