Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Enforcer 93 - looking to buy all mountain skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I’m looking to buy a pair of all mountain skis. I’m a fast, aggressive skier, and I race (SL mostly). I want a ski that can essentially do it all - I don’t have nor intend on buying phat pow skis, and I ski roughly 50/50, BUT I can’t bare to lose too much performance on piste, especially as a racer.

The Nordica Enforcer 93 appears to be my best bet - my only worry is that the rockered tail might will mean I’ll lose a lot of energy at the end of each carve, rather than getting that boost you get w flat tailed skis.

I was also looking at:
Brahma (probs not versatile enough, even tho great on piste?)
Vantage 90 Ti

Feel free to throw in any other recommendations, although I have done a lot of research!

Essentially, if anyone’s skied the enforcer 93 how was it?

Thanks Smile

EDIT: I was also thinking about the Nordica Navigator 85 - I'm not sure how it would fare off-piste though? I'm not going to be skiing many pow bowls sadly, most ill get is tracking across from the top of a lift.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive not skied the Nordica but the reviews do sort of reference your concern about tail potency, but they don't really describe it enough to cover the picture you're trying to build of it. They kind of say things like friendly / usable performance, but whether that means you'd find it weak is not clear.

http://www.skiessentials.com/2018-ski-test?skis=kastle-fx-95-hp

This review of the Kastle is interesting as it seems to drop into the area you are talking about with comparison against the Nordica. Talking about more aggressive input seems to favour the Kastle over the Nordica for the type of skier you are.

May shed some light if you've not seen it already.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski3 wrote:
Ive not skied the Nordica but the reviews do sort of reference your concern about tail potency, but they don't really describe it enough to cover the picture you're trying to build of it. They kind of say things like friendly / usable performance, but whether that means you'd find it weak is not clear.

http://www.skiessentials.com/2018-ski-test?skis=kastle-fx-95-hp

This review of the Kastle is interesting as it seems to drop into the area you are talking about with comparison against the Nordica. Talking about more aggressive input seems to favour the Kastle over the Nordica for the type of skier you are.

May shed some light if you've not seen it already.

Thanks. Yeh I've seen that review (and pretty much every other review wink ). Pretty much everyone agrees that it's a great ski, but some do mention that the tail releases quite easily, especially relative to flatter tails.

The Nordica 90 does actually (on paper at least) appear to be perfect for me - but I can't find any UK stores that stock it!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Salomon X Drive 8.8 if you can still find them somewhere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just taken delivery of Salomon XDR 88ti in Black Friday deal ...which I think are the descendents of the XDrives
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jjebarron, Sport Conrad.

I've not tried every ski but have been shopping in the same neck of the woods recently. From the reviews I read, I got the impression the Navigator's selling points are its price and ease of use for lightweight skiers.

More piste oriented might be something like the Rossignol Experience 88. Have you looked at the Brahma's bigger brothers, Bonafide, Rustler etc?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just bought skis from Sport Conrad - basically paid for skis + Marker Griffon bindings the same in Sterling as the cheapest I could find the bare skis for in the UK. Shipped right away and arrived a day or two later so would happily recommend them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy