Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gulmarg trip in Feb 19 - 2 people needed.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Gulmarg at the end of Feb and have been let down by two of our party. I've now got to find two replacements to join my son 25 and me 58 to go to India. We are both competent off piste skiers who don't mind a bit of skinning to get some fresh tracks. If this is of any interest please let me know and I'll give you the details.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TimGiles, welcome to Snowheads, good luck for your trip, don't forget to post a trip review Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome.

Needs more info.

Dates.
Days.
Costs.
Acc.
Flights x 2.
Travel.
Etc.

Gulmarg tops out at 4000m.

That's the height where old or wheezy folk start getting sick and dead, due to thin air, so it needs to be prepared for.

Good luck.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold wrote:

Gulmarg tops out at 4000m.

And you'll want to hike another 300m vert on top of that for a lot of the best lines.

Definitely worth a day with the heli op too!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KenX wrote:
@TimGiles, welcome to Snowheads, good luck for your trip, don't forget to post a trip review Very Happy

+1 snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fly from LHR on the 23rd feb returning back to the UK on the 3rd or 4th march depending upon which flight we get. Flight prices vary but we're looking at between £600 to £800 pp.

Included:
• Return Airport Shuttles (From Srinagar Airport to Gulmarg, from Gulmarg to Airport)
• 6 nights in Gulmarg including breakfast & Dinner Hotel Rosewood
• 1 night on a house boat in Srinagar
• 6 Guided Ski Days with a Local Ski Guide
• Transfer Fees (Bank and/or Paypal Fees)

Not Included:
• Gear rental
• Flights
• Insurance
• Lift Passes
• Tips
• Meals that are not mentioned on quote
• Taxis extra
• Drinks & Alcohol extra

Prices: (Prices are in CAD per person)
7 nights in Gulmarg, 6 guided ski days, and Shuttles.
• Double Occ. Including Breakfast & Dinner - Hotel Rosewood Standard Room -> $1,278 CAD

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 28-11-18 12:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TimGiles, if you have time I’d recommend adding a night in a house boat on Dal Lake at the end. Really cool (peaceful!) experience, gives you the chance to explore Srinagar (find a friendly tuktuk driver), and cuts down travel uncertainty getting to the airport on time if weather/traffic is funky coming down from Gulmarg.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, thanks for reminding me. We have one night on a house boat as part of the package for the very reasons you cite. I'll amend the entry.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TimGiles

Have you found anyone yet? Am interested if I can persuade a mate...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm still looking. If you're interested do you want to send a private message and I'll give you my number if you want to talk.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TimGiles, Message sent Tim...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy