Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix/Argentiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Some friends and I are heading to Argentiere next weekend when it is due to open for the season. We went for the opening weekend last year and had incredible snow conditions to the point we had to dig out the car and struggled to return to Geneva airport on the Sunday evening. However I'm starting to worry about the lack of any snow in the car park (webcam) and the forecast isn't looking too good for the new week or so (granted this can change by the hour). Can any locals reassure me that snow conditions are ok higher up (snow cannon assisted or otherwise) as the webcam from last year looks to have been lost in the Lognan station fire

Alternatively can anyone recommend anywhere else that will be open that week and may have better snow.

Thanks in advance

Adam
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might get more info on the local conditions on this dedicated thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow in Cham isn't looking good at the moment I'm afraid. Snowed a bit last night and today but forecast to be very warm (relatively) over the next week. Courmayeur had far better snow when I drove through recently if you're looking for the same area but if I were you I'd go higher.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ruddster, I don't think it was ever due to "open" for the season next weekend Puzzled weekends only. Full opening date 22.12.

Last year was unusually good for early snow.

Champoluc / Monterosa opens on the 7th Dec.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Ruddster"Alternatively can anyone recommend anywhere else that will be open that week and may have better snow.

[/quote]

Tignes or Hemel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies

I will check the other thread.

I meant partial opening - when we went last year only the lift to the top of GM wasn't running (as far as I can remember). Skiing in/on calf deep fresh powder which had fallen on top of pisted runs was amazing.

I guess I will begin looking for accommodation elsewhere (might have to spend more time in the car) - which is a massive shame as we had a great weekend last time both on and off the slopes.

Hopefully something unexpected happens and there is a large dump of snow from out of nowhere
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ruddster, best conditions in Italy if you can hack the drive to Cervinia. Alternatively Verbier was good last weekend and had another 10cm last night with more forecast for Friday. Some pics here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138862&start=80

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 27-11-18 13:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ruddster, that would indeed be a mighty fine thing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, thanks for that - your place looks lovely I may have to look at booking that for a couples trip later in the year. This weekend is one for the boys and your accommodation is far too nice for that Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wasnt there a fire at the lift station at Argentiere in the summer, has it been rebuilt?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There was, but the other lift from the bottom is still operating
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@FFIRMIN, Yes, for most people won't make a huge difference as the relatively new bubble had uplift of 3,500/hour, the cable car that was taken out had capacity of 700/hour.

What isn't running is the top cable car (which will affect some, but not most) and the fact that the new "beginners area" carved out on the Lognan plateau can't be accessed by an easy run, which makes it slightly less worthwhile.

Would be a pretty impressive feat of engineering to rebuild the old one it so quickly!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Indeed it would! While I am absolutely gutted about it, I suspect some will reap the rewards of a skin up Pylones to access the GM col and some amazing tracks off the back.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy